E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II with no internal fan?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:20:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II with no internal fan?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II with no internal fan?  (Read 3278 times)
dykesh

« on: July 07, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »

I've purchased a EMU II and I believe there was a fan in the back right of the unit but this one has been taken out and the hole covered up. I have it open right now to install a HcX Floppy drive and was wondering if anyone knew what type of fan I could use and where the power supply would plug in? How big of a deal is no fan? Any help is appreciated. thanks
sfbaytech

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

Not all of the EII's have fans, and those that do have a device between the power in and fan to slow it. I have been fitting a small low cfm "silent" 12v PC case fan between the power supply and floppy tray. This attaches with an in-line connector to the floppy drive power cable. Only a whisper of air seems to be required to take a lot of heat that normally warms the control panel away. You do have to fashion some sort of mounting bracket, and be careful as live mains power is in this area.

The attached picture shows one fitted between a Rev F HxC, and custom power supply I fitted.

Chris
www.thisoldsynth.com

* Emulator_HxC.jpg (1039.05 KB, 1232x816 - viewed 750 times.)
ahaigh01

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »

Wow, Chris, that EII looks awesome on the inside!  Nice work
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II with no internal fan?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines