E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II in need of repairs & needs to be made as new

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:28:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II in need of repairs & needs to be made as new
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Emulator II in need of repairs & needs to be made as new  (Read 53783 times)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 10:03:25 AM »

HAHAHA!

(clavia not for me though, just the dark lord HAHA!)
Prometheus

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 01:26:02 PM »

You don't like the Nord Lead? That really breaks my Swedish heart! HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
Prometheus

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 01:40:57 PM »

But Elmbeatz why dont you do the "Dark force" custom paint on your empty EII case? If you get tired of the black color you can always change back to the original, same with the keys if they work (can somebody please confirm).
roginator

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »

sorry poly 800 wont fit 100%
velocity wont work

BTW

I hate NORD LEAD BUT love girls from NORD Wink

Prometheus

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »

But Elmbeatz why dont you do the "Dark force" custom paint on your empty EII case? If you get tired of the black color you can always change back to the original, same with the keys if they work (can somebody please confirm).

Didn't think of the back though.......  But you have two others so why not custom one?

Roginator just killed my dreams, unless it is possible to modify the poly800 keys to fit 100%. But maybe that will be to much work. DAMN!

Prometheus

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »

sorry poly 800 wont fit 100%
velocity wont work

BTW

I hate NORD LEAD BUT love girls from NORD Wink

Yeah those girls! Smiley

I myself find the Nord great to make sounds for the EIII to sample. Nord samples sounds great trough the Curtis filters.

Do you think the polys keys are possible to modify?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »

Didn't think of the back though.......  But you have two others so why not custom one?

I just like the original design best. The empty casing is supposed to being played on by Alan Wilder for DM in Hamburg back in the eighties, so that one's an icon which mustn't be touched...!
sheever

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 04:31:47 AM »

heh,and he still used on last Subhuman album...
anybody have oppinion whats wrong with my pieces of history?
i attached the sound whic came from my EII.this sounds when i push the keys.
when i bought couple of month ago was ok,but still lots of contact problems,freezing etc.these just cam worse....
my friend electric engineer but not in synths category.would be great any advice before he gonna start to fix it.
thanks!
S

* emu sound.mp3 (266.77 KB - downloaded 656 times.)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 04:40:34 AM »

Sounds weird....

My bet would be the analog board (left one).

Replug the ICs!   Wink Grin
sheever

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 04:51:45 AM »

Thanks a lot!
Otherwise i am so happy.sounds beast and so oldschool to using the funkctions...
i plan to get it trough all my drumms in my track on EII and recorded back from every 17 seconds:D
JMP

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »

Just wanted to say a big thanks to rokuez for the detailed cleaning operation on the EMU II buttons. I was about to buy new ones ordered from the US until I saw this, followed your procedure today on all mine and now they're working perfectly,  CHEERS !!  Smiley

Just for info rokuez, I've cleaned the keyboard contact board and rubber contact strips on mine and all keys now work great. Patient cleaning with meth dipped Q-tips on both the track board and rubber strips did the trick. Haven't needed to replace any springs on mine.

Hope you end up with yours A1.  Wink

rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »

np, i'll find the key just low on $ right now.  I played a mint EII+ and the action was a lot better so I would like to redo mine and have always wanted to know how. 

updated pics of mac interface rev. 1 board

http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board01.jpg
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board03.jpg
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board04.jpg
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board05.jpg
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board06.jpg
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board07.jpg

one purple wire goes under the board . 
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board02.jpg
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:37:16 PM by rokuez » Logged

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »

one purple wire goes under the board . 
http://eiiiforum.com/picsfromusers/eii/board02.jpg

.... and has to be connected to / soldered on:

Pin25 of IC107

Am I right, Wintermute?!  Smiley

THANKS ROQUEZ FOR THOSE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kiss  HAHA
Prometheus

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 09:54:26 PM »

Did recieve my floppy drive kits from route66 after "just" 8+ weeks. WHooooORAAAAAAYYYYYYHHHHHHHHH!!!!!?HuhHuh??

Works super on the EII!
Drone

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Just wanted to say a big thanks to rokuez for the detailed cleaning operation on the EMU II buttons. I was about to buy new ones ordered from the US until I saw this, followed your procedure today on all mine and now they're working perfectly,  CHEERS !!  Smiley

Just for info rokuez, I've cleaned the keyboard contact board and rubber contact strips on mine and all keys now work great. Patient cleaning with meth dipped Q-tips on both the track board and rubber strips did the trick. Haven't needed to replace any springs on mine.

Hope you end up with yours A1.  Wink

Yes thanks for that. Very Informative !
 I think preventative maintenance is a good thing but changing out parts for new ones
can some times invite trouble. Generally I wont fix it unless it's broken but cleaning is a must.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:07:00 PM by Drone » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II in need of repairs & needs to be made as new

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines