E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II MIDI response (very slow)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:24:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator II MIDI response (very slow)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II MIDI response (very slow)  (Read 4604 times)
roginator

« on: September 23, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »

HI

I believe you all know that midi response of EII is slugish and and its not very best for drums and stuff couse of swiming midi!!!!

so I thought of few things how to speed it up...BUT ..that wont happend couse it need a lot job around CPU and I quit on that...
then I realised that keyboard has 100 times better response than signal over midi so I thought

If ppl can do midi for Polysix, monopoly..... wich use 8x8 matrix keyboard controler programmed in pic why not do that with emu and add velocity control

EII has same keyboard like Poly 800, OB8, memorymoog, prophet 600 , polysix, monopoly...... and for that beasts ppl made midi ( FAST MIDI) to control it over keyboard controler cpu!!!! ( midi converter directly connected to KEYBOARD CONNECTOR)  Wink

I told that TO CHD ELEKTROSERVIS tech guy http://www.chd-el.cz/
and he told me that would be possible and he will try to do something!!!!!!

so maybe soon we will have chance to play EII really fast without MIDI problems coused of slow cpu  Wink
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:43:27 AM by roginator » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »

I posted my own new topic about this and someone said no issues.   How are you triggering samples?
From a hardware sequencer or a soft sequencer?  I guess it shouldn't matter.  But can you be more specific?

How slow is slow?  How many sounds at once are you trying to trigger?

PX-7
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »

The EII midi response is slow i've heard, but not as slow as the response on this board regarding this topic!   Cheesy

I'm yet to pick up my EII, so i'll soon find out I guess.    I just want to know is there an issue with the EII being triggered from a hardware sequencer with making 4/4 minimal techno gonna be an issue?  I'm not
gonna be throwing that much at the EII, but yes, there will be atleast 4 to 5 parts being triggered.
And can anyone back up the rumor of slow response on the EII?

ANYONE with any feedback at this point? 
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »

I don't believe there is a cut ad dry quantitive answer

there are 8 voices, and a slow processor chip in the EII which makes it trigger slow at some point  From what I've heard it can get slow on hi-hats in particular

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

There is a MIDI loop somewhere !

Put a keyboard, only to attack the EII, and try. ONE cable. If it works OK, its something else than the EII
Alanwilder

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »

Hello, I was just wondering if we have some measurements on this potential bad reputation the Eii has on midi timing ? Maybe it is version related cause on mine I was able to trigger drums very efficiently...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II MIDI response (very slow)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines