E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII to EIII sound dump

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII to EIII sound dump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII to EIII sound dump  (Read 8005 times)
roginator

« on: September 23, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »

is that possible

I have EII and DPX1 2.1 but I would like to try EII sounds in EIII Smiley

thanx
Prometheus

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

Im pretty sure that the EII Can't do it. But the DPX-1 can. Why dont you hook up the EII and the DPX and see what happens? Im gonna do it myself as soon as i get the time. But still, it wont be 8bit.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »

Well, try EMXP  Wink
(sorry for the promo for my own freeware... http://users.skynet.be/emxp)
Note however that EII banks definitely sound best on the EII and DPX.
I tried to make sure that the EMXP filter & envelope translation algorithm from EII to EIII can be used for a broad range of EII banks.
But my rev engineering experiments showed that an algorithm which was perfect for one EII bank seemed to be awful for for another EII bank. That's due to the hardware differences between the two machines. The current translation engine should be a good compromise.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:23:52 AM »

Well, try EMXP  Wink
(sorry for the promo for my own freeware... http://users.skynet.be/emxp)
Note however that EII banks definitely sound best on the EII and DPX.
I tried to make sure that the EMXP filter & envelope translation algorithm from EII to EIII can be used for a broad range of EII banks.
But my rev engineering experiments showed that an algorithm which was perfect for one EII bank seemed to be awful for for another EII bank. That's due to the hardware differences between the two machines. The current translation engine should be a good compromise.

praise the MASTER   Wink
supersurrexit

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »

Just load an E-II bank to the DPX. Then choose the certain sample with that and push the midi-dumping while in midi chaining with the E-3. That's all. Takes seconds depending on lenght of the sample. I've done it for weeks to create E-II CD-rom for E-III.
 All will sound much better there of course due to the whole architecture of the E-III. The sound will be more precise and crispy but will stay only 8-bit despite of some missinformations here. The bit-rate means nothing else than a resolution, the width between the softest and the loudest possibile value of the sample, the width between the noise floor and the overload and it's very bad on the E-II systems. Loading it to a 16-bit machine won't make the sound any better resolution while there's no signal below the certain-level and the digital signal won't be completed with the missing samples of the sound. The 8-bit sample stays 8-bit-sample dinamics and noise even when it comes to playing back on 24-bit.
Prometheus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »

Still,it sound so diffrent Smiley
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »

A true one : a guy (very famous) had an EII, he bought an E-Max and he folded an EII floppy in four to stick it into the Emax floppy drive.

He ruined the whole thing.

What an idiot...
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 02:09:51 AM »

A true one : a guy (very famous) had an EII, he bought an E-Max and he folded an EII floppy in four to stick it into the Emax floppy drive.

He ruined the whole thing.

What an idiot...

This can't be true.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 03:46:47 AM »

I swear !!!!
Another one : a guy comes and throws his EIII on my workbench. He shouts :
"This shit doesn't work !
I ask him what's wrong and he says : "There are zeros on the display, all the time"
This is strange...
I power-up the machine, First bank is Piano, then Plucked piano, etc... no zeros...
The guy gets nervous, pushes me away, loads a bank, and points with the finger on the display :
"And this ? What is this ?"
Effectively, there are "zeros", quite a few... I play and I hear choirs singing : "Oooooooo"
(I was a bank called "Pompus Choir", a kind a Kurzweil choirs.
I took a microphone, sampled "Aaaaa" and put a lots of "Aaaa"  on the display.
No reaction from the ciustomer at first but he realized after ten seconds (that's long...)

He grabbed his EII and ran away. I never saw him anymore.

I swear...

Grin Grin
wintermute

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 04:26:44 AM »

I have my doubt that this story is true Dr. C!

Evidence:
First you say the guy brought an EIII over ... later he grabs his EII and runs away.
Or is it that he exchanged his "broken" EIII with one of your working EIIs?

(just kidding  Grin)
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 08:45:09 AM »

This story is TOTALLY true. I just misstyped.

I had a guy as well wich wanted an EMAX as a rack mount by there were only keyboards at this time.

He bought one and cutted it in 3 pieces, keeping the middle part as a 19 inch rackable but started to wonder about the fact that the jack plugs and the mains were on the other two parts.

I forgot to tell, he cutted the machine with a huge blade saw from his father wich had a wood exploitation company, cutting everything : cover, bottom, boards, keybaors, EVERYTHING I tell you !

So he came back, he bought an Emax II an cutted it again, but taking the elements away, then he fitted everything in an attache-case. The damn thing was WORKING !!!!
I will scan the pictures as soon as I get some time and put them online.

dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 09:54:48 AM »

Hi Dr. C,

I love these stories.
Keep them coming.

David
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »

There e should be a group called : "The corner of the idiots".

Two questions I had, the same day :

1) - "Do you have the sampler wich makes the "Alphaville" sound ?
2) - "What happens if I sample water sound ? Is it dangerous ?"
genebanks

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

Hi

Someone can explain to me how should I transfert some EII sounds via DPX and transfert to my EMU III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII to EIII sound dump

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines