E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Where can I get the top piece of the metronome / mix out dial?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Drumulator General Discussion
| | |-+  Where can I get the top piece of the metronome / mix out dial?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where can I get the top piece of the metronome / mix out dial?  (Read 10960 times)
bedouin

Drumulator Master

« on: September 27, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »

Anyone know where I might get just the top piece of the metronome / mix out dial?  I'm missing one from my metronome dial as you can see in the picture below:

Prometheus

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:43:24 AM »

You just need a cap. Check out www.farnell.com
roginator

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:25:20 AM »

also vienna virtual music shop

http://www.virtual-music.at/
bedouin

Drumulator Master

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »

You just need a cap. Check out www.farnell.com

I was browsing the Farnell site but am probably not using the right search terms to find the cap.  Any advice?

Prometheus

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

Think this looks right: http://se.farnell.com/146356/mechanical-office-workplace/product.us0?sku=schurter-p861-01&_requestid=292820
bedouin

Drumulator Master

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »

Thanks man.  They had a minimum credit card order of £20 so I found their US subsidiary:

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=10WX1123&CMP=AFC-GB100000001

And grabbed it from there.  They have some gnarly alternative cap colors that might look cool on other E-Mu products that use the same potentiometers listed below on the Farnell site under "accessories"

bedouin

Drumulator Master

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

Before anyone rushes out to buy one of these from Newark/Farnell there is a couple problems.

First, if you order on-line in the US from Newark you will get charged a $20 fee for this part.  You must call them and specify to order from their US warehouse, which will take longer but you will not be charged a $20 fee.

Second, the dial in the link does not actually fit.  It works well enough if you have no other option, but there is wiggle room and there is not a snug enough fit to keep it on.

Third, contrary to what the images may lead you to believe, the caps and dials are sold separately.  I received my dials today and they had no caps; luckily they agreed to send me some at no charge.

That said, judging from the dials they sent me today it looks like the replacement caps will work and if not, they can be made to work.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to use these on their Drumulator or other E-Mu products like the SP12/1200.  I'll post an update when the caps arrive.

bedouin

Drumulator Master

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »

The caps do not precisely fit the Drumulator's OEM dials (they do not snap into place) so you'll need to superglue them on.  Easy enough.  Here is my result:

$25 some dollars blown just for the satisfaction of having a dial cap.  I think something is wrong with me.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:50 AM »

$25 some dollars blown just for the satisfaction of having a dial cap.  I think something is wrong with me.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bu I'm sharing your satisfaction!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Where can I get the top piece of the metronome / mix out dial?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines