E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Anyone built an Emuser?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:16:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Anyone built an Emuser?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone built an Emuser?  (Read 4822 times)
who

« on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »

I opened my EII this weekend and confirmed it has RS422.  I want to build an Emuser and am interested in the experiences of others who have.  Anyone?  Are there any pitfalls?  Advice?

Thanks,
who
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »

Well I have built 3 of them so far, but I guess I'm not the reference you're looking for  Wink

I know about at least 2 other guys who have built one according to my construction manual, and both have let me know that the device works great on their Emulator-II.

The second E-II owner initially had trouble with his Rev1 EII, not with his Rev0 with retrofit RS422.
But we looked for a solution together for that Rev1 and were able to solve it by adding 2 capacitors. I tested it on the two Revisions myself too and it's fine now. The latest version of the construction manual contains this fix already, so it's up to date.

From Emax side I have not received a lot of feedback... but I guess it works well on the Emax-I.
On Emax-II I *know* there are some problems with sample transfers (not bank transfers) with some revision numbers of Emax-II, but the problem is also present when using Alchemy or Sound Designer. So... I consider this a bug in the RS422 implementation of the Emax-II, not the EMuSer...

Anyway, I'm also very interested myself in feedback from people who have built the EMuSer.
So for sure I will follow this thread too !

///E-Synthesist
who

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »

Thanks E-Synthesist!  I ran into my first problem; finding parts!  Many seem to be sold out.  I'll have to look around some more.
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »

who can build a emuser for me? With two left hands it would be a horror-trip for me.

of course i would pay in advance
ddvdave

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »

I just built an EmuSer this weekend. It works great with my Emax! This is based off the 1.0 build 3 documentation.

Just wanted to add myself to the list of satisfied EmuSer users!

Thanks, Kris (and Julian Higginson!).

-Dave
seamonkey
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:55:47 PM »

There was a member here who was making them and selling them.
Here is the thread from the For Sale section of this site.
http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=2071.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Anyone built an Emuser?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines