E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII & SD HxC

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:20:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII & SD HxC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EII & SD HxC  (Read 12399 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »

Hi there,
So if I used this cable would I be ok?

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=ribbon+cable&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9046243715496364885&ei=EBVlTfDtIYewhAfV3_CWBw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAg#

the interface wouyld be there for the motherboard, the old 5.25 floppy (B), and would be long enough for the HXC?

Would I be better making my a new cable with the adaptors from this cable and a really long 34 pin plain ribbon cable?

As soon as I get this done Ill write  a how to with links to all the appropriate places to buy cables etc so thank you for your patience

AA
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:41:38 AM by 8324689 » Logged
Futureman

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »

That looks lik it would work.. it looks like it is 32 inches long, so it may be too short...

Personally, I'd advise making your own cable..

If you have an E2 with 2 drives, when you take out one drive, you'll have a spare unused floppy connector.

The IDC 34 way that is used on the HxC and Main board end is a easy component to buy off ebay or components stores.

Regards
Mike

I approve of this message.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII & SD HxC

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines