E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - External Sampling Workflow

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:26:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  External Sampling Workflow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: External Sampling Workflow  (Read 2247 times)
who

« on: January 19, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

Hi,

I would like to create, loop and keymap samples externally then transfer to the EII.  Do I need to sample at the native EII rates? (27500Hz?/8bit?)  Does EMXP perform sample and bit rate conversion?  I would try it myself, but I have yet to build an Emuser.

Thanks,
who
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »

EMXP will perform the resolution (bits) and sample rate conversion.
Regarding the sample rate conversion, please note that EMXP only has a linear interpollation converter on board; the best thing is to sample at 27778 Hz.

Note that currently only sound banks can be sent via RS422 to the EII.
In the next version of EMXP also individual WAV files can be sent, but this feature will not include loop settings (yet) because currently EMXP does not support the LOOP feature of WAV.
That's for a future version.

So... if you want to prepare an EII bank on your computer, I recommend to use samples at 27778 Hz and to "construct" your preset in a a synth editor like Viena and save it as a soundfont2 file.
EMXP can then convert the SF2 file to .EII format and send it to the EII.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - External Sampling Workflow

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines