E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tip - Syncing EII's arpeggiator to MIDI clock

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:10:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Tip - Syncing EII's arpeggiator to MIDI clock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tip - Syncing EII's arpeggiator to MIDI clock  (Read 1906 times)
Futureman

« on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:39 PM »

Typically, on my EII, the Arpeggiator does not slave to MIDI clock.. but I found a small workaround a while back that I'd like to share.

Firstly, make a small sequence that has no notes in it on the EII. This can be a bit tricky, but once you suss it out, it's not too hard.

Second , ensure that the EII's sequencer "Start with midi" is set to "OK"
[Preset definition, page '30']

Now, when you hit play on your other sequencer, your EII's should start playing. annoyingly, if it's in another page, the delay while the OS accesses the disk will cause it to be sloppy, but if you stop/start again, it'll be in time.

Now, enable "External Sync" in the sequencer section

Obviously, you'll need to have a preset that has arpeggiator enabled & if you do.. voila, in time 16th's or whatever time signature you have enabled..

I guess, the arpeggiator gets it's time of the EII's sequencer, and the sequencer get's it's timing off the external Seq..  

You may have to switch OMNI to 'off' and change the midi channel to stop other notes in your external sequencer playing the EII, but you already new that ja?

Regards
Mike

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:55:19 PM by Futureman » Logged

I approve of this message.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tip - Syncing EII's arpeggiator to MIDI clock

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines