E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Oh the anticipation for my new EII!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:35:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Oh the anticipation for my new EII!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oh the anticipation for my new EII!!!  (Read 2799 times)
xxxdavidmaysxxx

« on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »

Well after 4 months of exhausted search I have found an EII!!!! It works, but currently needs a little work, but it comes with about 200 disks!!!! (I'm guessing you sorta expect that anyway) Man, and the guy is actually driving it to me! Dayum, I'm happy I waited. An by-golly I got a deal! It has a Mac interface cable, 200 disks (he was honest and said that most of them worked, about 70% lol) for 500. I'll post pics and such of it whenever its dropped off tomorrow (or actually today, its past midnight.) It's about time too, my Mirage has been killing my soul with its poor interface and programing. :p And man one was hard to find. I believe from december only one was on ebay....
JMP

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »

Nice aquisition at a nice price...! Sure you'll love it.   

xxxdavidmaysxxx

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »

Well here it is!!! (Notice my now jealous Mirage)

Well if you read in the technical section. You'll know that this one will not boot at the moment. But it worked when I received it. The only issue was that the keys were sticky and some would not work. Sooo I opened her up and lo and behold many just popped out! So the stickyness fixed, there are still a few broken. Namely a C/F Key and the end C key. So those will be fun to find :p. It was also randomly missing a midi port (WTF!?!) BUT I found the exact one on ebay, 6 of them for 5 dollars plus free shipping! Theres quite alot of restoring to do but I'm hoping that I can get it in tip top shape! Smiley

Also, I'm thinking this is an EII that was upgraded into an EII+. Any thoughts on that? It has a Memory Option board inside of it and the manual is for an EII+. Also what color is it!?! Seriously I thought it was blue all around then gray then blue again when in flouresant light.... I'm confused.

So anyway heres the acessories that came with it:

Theres about 200 disks. An orig. owners manual. A sustain footswitch (Common, yes but I diddn't have one and this one is nice and made out of metal!), a Mac interface cable, and a random E-Mu expression pedal... Never seen this one before. Its made like a freaking rock, I stubbed my toe on it and about died in pain!

So anyway thats it Smiley, I'm extremely happy with my purchase, even if it doesn't work atm. Its a peice of art! Bot aesthetically and electronically. I mean, it is damn sexy!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:16:58 PM »

Well, looks absolutely normal to me (I mean the colour).
The manual looks like the one you can download from Emulatorarchive's Rob in *.PDF format.
Concerning the memory board: Could it be that you mean the 'piggyback' - board? If so - this would be no Ram Extension, but the normal Ram board of earlier EIIs. If your thing worked, you could easily check if it's been upgraded to "+".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Oh the anticipation for my new EII!!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines