E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HxC SD Configuration

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:08:01 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  HxC SD Configuration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HxC SD Configuration  (Read 6307 times)

« on: February 24, 2011, 04:55:56 AM »

Hello again,
Ive made my own cable and think that it works. Just to make sure I have bought  a standard (twisted) floppy cable from my local shop. I have attatched this to the motherboard and the HxC correctly

I have formatted the SD card in FAT32, (I also installed the firmware) and dragged the cfg file onto the SD card. I then used the HxC software to load the overlay 2.3 file and export it onto the SD card I then also had a eii file on the card exported from HxC software.

So on the SD card I have ;
emuiios.emuiifd.hfe
bugle.hfe

Nothing is working though!  Undecided

The side of the display states "RA" and the count never goes above 00 of 80 (Sometimes goes 02/80)

I have the jumper in Shugart twisted drive a jumper setting

Im sorry to need to be spoonfed but Ive read the manual many times and tried every combo of jumper setting. and have spent 4 solid days and night trying to get it to work!

If soemone would please just write from scratch what you have to do  with the SD card I know I could sort it.

I have  a load of .Eii files that I extracted from a CDS3 disk and they are organised in folders.

Going insane here!!!!

Many thanks

AAA

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:47:25 AM by 8324689 » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »

It should work. I know you have read the manual many times, but just as a doublecheck:

1/ You are using HxC software version 1.5.2.1 and firmware 1.5.1.0 ?

2/ You have set the HFE interface mode (under button SD HxC Floppy Emulator Settings) to "Emu Shugart" before creating any HFE file ?

3/ You have saved the emuiios.emuiifd OS overlay file in the same folder on your PC harddisk as the one in which you saved the EII banks ? Both files MUST be in the same folder before loading an .EII file in HxC software and converting it to HFE format...
(The emuiios.emuiifd overlay file can be converted to a HFE file without an .EII file, but the EII will only boot from it - it will not load a sound bank because there's none in it)

I suspect a mistake in step 2/
If not, you might have a problem :-)

PS: to exclude possible causes of the problem, feel free to send me both HFE files in e-mail, then I can see if they load on my EII SD HxC.

///E-Synthesist

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:45:51 PM by esynthesist » Logged

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »

Thanks for the reply

I did all that and now I have a serious problem.

I looked at the display and saw all the lights were on so switched it off.

I then went back to the origianal set up 2 floppy drives etc and i turned it on heard  a tiny pop and now it wont switch on.

Its brand new, cost me £900 and the tech person i bought it off lives 5 hrs away.

Im really upset.

please help.

Ive been wearing anti static writbands the whole time.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:06:15 PM by 8324689 » Logged
midipuppies

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

I know it is obvious, but did you check the fuse?

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »

Yes sorry I must check that. I really had enough last night and went home! Shall be there on Monday and shall let you know.

thanks

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »

So bad news.
The fuse is intect.
Now when I switch on it doesnt boot from disk and all the red lights come on and the display is dead.

I think I remember reading somewhere in the yahoo site that this happened other people? is common enough?

Any help REALLY! appreciated.

best

A
Rod Hull

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

Sounds like you could have blown a power rail. Check the PSU output for correct voltages.

I have bought an HxC for my newly acquired EII...hope I dont run into problems..cos my EII is running beautifully at the moment..

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:16 AM »

Hi again,
So Im going to take the E2 to a tech in  a week and  a half. He hasnt worked on a E2 before but said he would be cautious and if he doesnt know what he is doing etc he would stop and not charge me.

So we think hesngoing to look at the power rail and hopefully thats the issue.

All this is now a bit over my head power rails etc so if there is any information that anyone could give to me that I could pass on to him would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A
Rod Hull

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »

Theres a post in the tech forum about the power supply. You are just measuring voltages off the power supply to make sure they are present and correct. If they aren't then you fix it.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 09:19:18 AM »

1 year gone, nearly to the day and Im back!

Emulator fixed and HXC working great!

If anyone wants to swap hxc files pls PM me!

Thanks

A
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HxC SD Configuration

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines