E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII and omniflop!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:20:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII and omniflop!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII and omniflop!  (Read 2409 times)
tomc

« on: March 17, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »

I dont own an EII (yet)
but I have some very important EII discs I need to back up for a musician buddy of mine. His EII is down!
But we want to back up the discs before we sell it.

I've hooked up a 5.25" floppy drive to an XP machine. Usually the machine sees it. Onmiflop seems to see it

Does omniflop support EII format?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »

Does omniflop support EII format?
No, not at all.
The floppy drive controller in a PC simply can't handle the exotic disk format of the EII.

Backing up EII disks can only be done by one of the following methods:
1/ By dumping its sound bank vis RS422 to a Mac or PC. But for this you need a working EII and moreover only the sound banks can be copied, not the operating system or library disks.
2/ By creating a backup disk on a Oberheim DPX-1. For this you need of course a DPX-1, and again only sound banks can be copied. Moreover the backup versions (on 3.5 disks) can not be used anymore on an EII.
3/ By creating a full disk copy with the KryoFlux USB floppy drive controller on a Windows PC. For this you have to buy a KryoFlux device (see www. kryoflux.com) and use a spare 5.25 drive connected to the KryoFlux. This method is the only one which supports a full disk backup (both performance and library disks).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII and omniflop!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines