E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax SE HD Retro Boot Issue

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:19:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax SE HD Retro Boot Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax SE HD Retro Boot Issue  (Read 2122 times)
midipuppies

« on: March 19, 2011, 08:12:19 PM »

Picked up a model 2000 with the factory HD Retro upgrade with external SCSI.
The floppy was not working, but it booted from the internal HD. I replaced the floppy and updated the O.S. to the plus version as it was not installed and I could not use an external zip drive without it.

I backed up the original HD to external Zip with no problem, but after that, the unit would not boot from the internal HD without the floppy.

The original HD id factory set to SCSI 0 and can't be changed I guess. I have tried all sorts to get the internal HD to boot the system with no luck. I'm thinking software version issue? I grabbed the plus version from the EMXP site, not that should matter, but I'm at a loss.

I also tried the ACARD setup that we are all using in our EIII setups, but I ran into the same issues that E-synthesist had with his- format and save, but HD error when loading. There are a bunch of users that seem to think it works on the Yahoo group, but it will not.

I was also able to use an internal Iomega Zip 100 with the Emax, but again could not get it to boot the system. I don't have a lot of experience with SCSI and the Emax 1 line. It is weird for me to see SCSI on an original Emax to begin with.

Anyway, any idea why it wants to boot from floppy all the time no matter the device?

BTW, Zip drives can only be set to SCSI 5 or 6.  Undecided

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax SE HD Retro Boot Issue

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines