E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax LCD EL / inverter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:38:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax LCD EL / inverter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax LCD EL / inverter  (Read 2864 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »

Hi there.
Yesterday I forgot to turn off my Emax. Today I discovered that and turned it off. But after a couple of minutes I couldn't resist and turned it on again Grin to play some tunes only to discover that my backlit was lit again, oohh sweet I could read the banks in the dark. That green glow filled the whole room. I was very bright but the dream lasted only a few seconds and then again dark.
I've been thinking of a backlight replacement but now I'm wondering if the problem relies on the inverter ( NEL-D32-46 ). Is it hard to come by?

Thanks.

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
lubb

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

I would first verify, if it is not caused just by a bad contact between the inverter and the EL foil... My SP1200's LCD - that is driven by the same inverter - is sometimes lit and sometimes dark.. a bad contact, no doubt...

But be careful, LCD Inverter generates 100VAC at 400Hz from a 5V supply, so it could be potentially hazardous to touch it..

The inverter can fail, in which case it needs replacing:

http://octopart.com/nel-d32-46-nec-2780325
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax LCD EL / inverter

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines