E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Transferring 5.25 floppy sounds to 3.5 help needed?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:26:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Transferring 5.25 floppy sounds to 3.5 help needed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Transferring 5.25 floppy sounds to 3.5 help needed?  (Read 2452 times)
monkeyman

« on: March 21, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »

Hi
I need to transfer my  5.25 floppy sound disks to 3.5 but have the following issues..
I can't get sound designer to work and never have managed to. I am sure this is a fault on the E2 cicuit board. And also I have a machine that has 2 x 3.5 inch floppies installed. I have no 5.25 on my machine at all. The 3.5 drives work fine tho.
Are there any other ways to get my library of 5.25disks transferred to my 3.5 disks?
Cheers
JMP

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:07:52 AM »

Bit obvious but suppose your options are:

1. Find someone with dual 5.25" & 3.5" drives to copy them for you.
2. Find a 5.25" compatible drive and install it.

What's your Mac/SD setup ?

Futureman

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:43 AM »

I   m a y   have a spare 5.25 EII drive that works perfectly...

(Sydney / Australia)..

Gimme some time to suss it out tho. [at least 2 months]

Easiest solution tho would be to go to straight to HxC.. thats what I did (hence spare drive)

I approve of this message.
JMP

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

Easiest solution tho would be to go to straight to HxC.. thats what I did (hence spare drive)

Once 'Monkeyman' is sorted, for anyone else going down this route, I also would be interested in buying a tested and working 5.25" floppy drive. 

monkeyman

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:17:38 AM »

Thanks guys. I actually have an old 5.25 drive at a mates so I may try and install that. It sounds like its my easiest option. I bought a HxC from the guy on ebay but he still hasnt responded to my emails. I am hoping to eventually move over to that.
"Future man". Is your friend still selling his eII by the way?
Cheers
Marc
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Transferring 5.25 floppy sounds to 3.5 help needed?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines