E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Problems with Emulator - UPDATED!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:00:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Problems with Emulator - UPDATED!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems with Emulator - UPDATED!  (Read 5482 times)
12bit

« on: April 04, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »

Update:
After a LOT of IC pulling (and hair pulling),reading the Service Manual and error finding, I have realized that it is one of the two Output Boards that is not working correctly.

I saw a video I filmed myself some three months ago before I reseated all IC's due to general issues and the problem was the OTHER Output Board not producing any sound (at that time the lower keyboard did not work at all, but the upper one did - now the upper one is dead and one of the five voices on the lower one is 'dead').

If I swap the upper/lower sounds the upper sound plays fine on the lower keys.

So I was wondering if anyone here has enough knowledge to know if it COULD be a RAM IC causing this ?
If I pull out a RAM IC the system will not boot, but maybe a defective RAM IC can cause an entire board not to sound ?

The reason I am looking for the fault here is that when I reseated all IC's in the Emulator the RAM IC's were the only ones NOT going back in where they used to be - and now the problem has mooved from one Output Board to the other.

Any ideas ?

Best;

Kenneth
12bit.com

Hi guys.

I have had some major issues with my Emulator lately, but today I managed to get it somehow back to life.

Now the lower section will play sporadically and the upper section is silent. If I swap the lower section will play what was loaded into the upper section by floppy sporadically and the upper section is still silent.

There is no system in which notes the lower section will play. I mean; it's not voice 2, 5 and 7 for instance that does not work - it is in other words luck if a sample will sound or not when I hit a key. It can be every 3rd, 5th or 13th time I hit a key that I will hear the sample or four times in a row. I can't find any system.

Does anyone have any idea what to look for ?

Best;

Kenneth
12bit.com
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:31:33 AM by 12bit » Logged

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
lubb

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »

Hi, Kenneth,

it is very funny, I observed a very similar behavior on my E1 when trying to control it via JLCooper MIDI Interface, but notes were not only silent (randomly), some of them were also stuck (randomly)...

Then I tried the special function "B2" (disables the synchronous scan loop)...

And from that time MIDI works perfectly...

Perhaps the synchronous scan loop has some relation also with your problem..?

12bit

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »

Hey Lubb.

I will look into it and try anything :-).
It seems like a very random issue and any help is appreciated.

Thanks;

Kenneth.

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
12bit

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:08:40 AM »

Updated :-)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Problems with Emulator - UPDATED!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines