E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Rack External SCSI Issues

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:43:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII Rack External SCSI Issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Rack External SCSI Issues  (Read 2372 times)
sys700

« on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:29 AM »

I recently bought a nice EIII rack unit on eBay.

I'm having trouble getting it to recognize my external ZIP drive. After trying repeatedly to get it to mount the ZIP drive, I took a look at the cable running to the card in the cage. What is strange is many of the pins are missing. These pins are not missing from my keyboard EIII. Not sure if this was a mod that was done.

It has an interesting mod where the SCSI cable continues from the harddrive to a larger SCSI jack installed on the back of the machine. I've seen a couple of EIII's where this has been done.

At any rate, most of my samples are in ZIP format. If I wanted to install a ZIP drive in place of the 3.5" floppy, is this also a SCSI drive?
rome

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »

The reason they did the mod was back in the day some people had 50 pin centronics scsi cables, so the hacked up the machine to accommodate it. Put a scsi cf card reader instead http://scsicardreaders.com/ tell JD Rome sent you. I used to have zip drives in all my EIII's but not no more all cf drives
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Rack External SCSI Issues

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines