E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need help setting up a new internal HD--jumper settings?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:49:59 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  need help setting up a new internal HD--jumper settings?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: need help setting up a new internal HD--jumper settings?  (Read 3922 times)
pulse_divider

« on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:51 AM »

Hi,
I just got a Seagate ST51080N to replace my internal drive that was loading banks but giving me "bank does not exist!" errors when trying to enter the Master menu.
I've got it installed and it recognizes the drive (SCSI ID is set to 4) but when I try to format it I get a "SCSI Hardware Error" message.
I was searching this site and emulatorarchive.com for jumper settings and couldn't really find a definitive list of what settings I need to use.
Right now I have it set to the following:
--SCSI ID 4
--remote start enabled
--parity enabled
--termination enabled
--receive power from drive power connector

Do I need to change any of this? Some of the other options for power include sending power through to the SCSI bus, do I need to do this?
If it helps, here is the manufacturer page for the jumper settings:
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?name=Medalist_1080SL&vgnextoid=97805a802efbd010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD&locale=en-US&reqPage=Legacy
Thanks.
--Ben
lubb

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:09:27 AM »

Hi,

you should change jumper settings from "receive power from drive power connector" to "receive power from SCSI bus".

Also be sure to remove the jumper for terminator. If left in place it disables terminator... (It is rather confusing...)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:23:22 AM by lubb » Logged
pulse_divider

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:16:47 PM »

Hi,

you should change jumper settings from "receive power from drive power connector" to "receive power from SCSI bus".

Also be sure to remove the jumper for terminator. If left in place it disables terminator... (It is rather confusing...)

I had the termination set properly (by "enabled" I meant "not disabled") but changed the jumper to "receive power from SCSI bus" and it wouldn't boot up at all, it never even checked the floppy.
It has a power connector attached to it and sees the disk when set to "receive power from drive power connector" so that seems to be okay, which just leaves parity and remote start. Should either of these be disabled?
Thanks again.
lubb

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »

Wait a minute, I will pull out my disk...

So sorry, I made a mistake...

My working Seagate has Remote start disabled, but ""receive power from drive power connector", as you had it before...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:38:14 PM by lubb » Logged
pulse_divider

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »

Thanks for checking!
I disabled remote start and it seems to be formatting now.
Fingers crossed, but it looks like this will work.
PIPPIZIO

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:11:42 AM »

Hi,can you send me a photo of setting jumper? How can i disabled remote start? Please help me,thanks
Federico
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need help setting up a new internal HD--jumper settings?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines