E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E II+ Need schematics - Voice and RAM problems ... Any tips ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  E II+ Need schematics - Voice and RAM problems ... Any tips ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E II+ Need schematics - Voice and RAM problems ... Any tips ?  (Read 2107 times)
mangor

« on: April 24, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »

Hello !
I recently bought a Emu Emulator II+ in ok condition with some technical issues.
I also have an EMU SP 1200 which is a great machine but also needed some repair after i bought it. The SP1200 works super smooth after some repairs and is a fun machine, that's why i bought this E II in this condition.

So i would be very happy if anybody could provide me with a complete scan of the EII+ schematics  Smiley

I have  two problems withe the E II :

1.  VOICES

After switching on the EII 7 of 8 voices work fine. Only voice 4 is very, very quite, but it is there.
If i switch the unit off and on again only about 2 - 4 voices work loud enough. You can hear the other voices very quite. I checked the SSM chips but they seem to work fine.
It seems that the voices start making trouble after the unit gets warm. I can assume that the S/H circuit or maybe some tantal caps make trouble.

2.  KEYRANGE / RAM

If i switch the unit on , a sample ( piano)  is loaded from the floppy into the RAM.
I can play the sample on the whole keyboard range.
After i sample a sound in sample mode i can't play the sound on the whole keyboard, just on the first 2 lower octaves.
It is not possible to assign the sample to the rest of the keyboard.
What i can imagine is that the keyboard is spitted in 9 blocks with 8 keys, so only 3 blocks are working.
I can assume that this has something to do with the RAM or RAM address control, or maybe Scanner ??
I don't kow  Undecided

When i first got the E II i completly cleaned it inside.
Cleaned and treaded all  the connectors, most of the IC socket with Deoxit and pressure air.

Any ideas ?
It would be great if someone could give me some tips ....

Thanks a lot !!!

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

congrats on your EII!
have you already done a forum search? - you'll very probably find a solution for your issues - lots of experts here.
As far as concerning the two octave-range: a sample can only be transposed +/-1 octave (and only be assigned in this manner), maybe you didn't know this.

Greetz,
Elm.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »

Concerning the voices : near the right border of the analog board, where is the trim pot, you will see 3 x 4051.
Take them out, and put the back in. See what it does. Do not switch them around, please, you would ruin the adjustments, untill you would put them back in the right order..
mangor

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »

Many thanks for your quick help !!!!  Smiley
That was a good tip, it works.

I get closer and closer to a perfect working EMU II +

I already love this machine and i will order now a new lower floppy drive + new LCD backlight + new faders ... its going to be awesome  Roll Eyes

Thanks again !

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E II+ Need schematics - Voice and RAM problems ... Any tips ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines