E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - 'CAN'T LOAD SYSTEM'

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:51:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  'CAN'T LOAD SYSTEM'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'CAN'T LOAD SYSTEM'  (Read 2660 times)
lobit12

« on: November 01, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »

new to the forum, hello everyone..

have not been able to use my eIII yet.. at first it would go though the scsi ports and then ask for a disk.
i searched the forum for tips and i did the trick where you pull out the ncr5380 and put it back, and now it will quickly go though these messages:

'booting from scsi 1'

then 'mounting drives'

then 'can't load system'

the floppy disk that i have is on hd floppy (v2.42)  is it possible it can't read it?

thanks in advance.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »

Its a bug.

If there's nothing on your disk, reformat it, and when its finished, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, save a bank into this disk, just a damn blank bank, shut it down (the Emu, not the bank) arestart, and it will work.

The machine has to find something on the directory, anything, but if its not theren it will not be able to start
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - 'CAN'T LOAD SYSTEM'

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines