E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII midi controller idea

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:42:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII midi controller idea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII midi controller idea  (Read 1686 times)
Dimensional Space
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »

Ok, this would be totally tits.  So I picked up another EII today.
It will be operational soon.  So I have two units now to build a fully working unit.
This is good news.  Now I have this idea...

I think it would be awesome to take an EII that was never ever to be revived
or operational and turn it into a midi controller.  You could build it out of the Emu Xboard 61.  You can score those on Ebay for about $100 USD.  Then take
all the keys and guts out of there,  and transplant it basically in an EII case.
You could look like a bad ass performing "with an EII".   You're not gonna have
the sound obviously, but you sure would look cool as hell.  

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=532&subcategory=533&product=15164

The concept is cool.  But would one be able to use the stock EII momentary push buttons and utilize the function buttons on the EII?  Or use the EII sliders instead of knobs on the Xboard?  Or somehow integrate the knobs and buttons on the front face of the EII?  ie, cutting the case, etc.   I don't like that.  That would be a crazy ass project.   One that I don't think I am up for.  But it would be way cool.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:56:51 PM by Dimensional Space » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »

Had this kind of idea, too. (I have a spare EII shell, unfortunately, only the upper plastic housing , not the metal bottom part on which all the stuff is mounted  Undecided )

It would be tits but it's a lot of custom work to do I guess (IF you wanna do it right...)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII midi controller idea

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines