E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII swopped floppy drive for a 3.5 now I can not boot my EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:36:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII swopped floppy drive for a 3.5 now I can not boot my EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII swopped floppy drive for a 3.5 now I can not boot my EII  (Read 2023 times)
grayedout

« on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »

Huh

I just bought a 3.5 floppy kit of ebay.. nice guy it was fully tested and set up before shipping to me.. but after fitting it. I can not boot my EII at all.. (I got a V3.1 3.5 system disk with the drive ) next I un connected the old 5.25 so just the 3.5 still not boot.. all the happen is you see v3.1 on the display and you get 2 chugs and the screen freezes.. I then put the 2 old 5.25 back and still it will not boot same thing.! just v3.21 stuck on the screen and drive stop reading after about 2 seconds..

Man what have I done...///?!

Andy
rtech

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »

What I would try is, dont connect both 5.25 drives as I think one is set as Drive 1 and the other as drive 2. Try one at a time and see if it boots with just one installed, if it doesnt work remove that one and try the other one. Find out wether the 3.5 drive you just bought is set up as drive 1 or 2.

I think you ment to post this in the EII forum not in the EIII.

rtech
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:59:21 AM by rtech » Logged
grayedout

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »

thanks .. I will try

and will move the post. not sure how that happened

Andy
grayedout

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »

I have tried one drive at a time.. both the same.. I can see some jumpers on the back right hand side.. one is set to 1 the other 2..  I see a access light for about 3/4 sec and get 4 chuck of the drive then it stops..

What I would try is, dont connect both 5.25 drives as I think one is set as Drive 1 and the other as drive 2. Try one at a time and see if it boots with just one installed, if it doesnt work remove that one and try the other one. Find out wether the 3.5 drive you just bought is set up as drive 1 or 2.

I think you ment to post this in the EII forum not in the EIII.

rtech
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII swopped floppy drive for a 3.5 now I can not boot my EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines