E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help and advice needed on EIII keyboard Floppy drive.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:23:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Help and advice needed on EIII keyboard Floppy drive.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help and advice needed on EIII keyboard Floppy drive.  (Read 3325 times)
Shogun

« on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

Hi,
Recently, I've been trying to get my EIII keyboard to work with various external HDs and MOs as my original Conner internal is shot. It seems to like a RICOH Optical Drive with 128meg cartridges (512 bytes/sector). I can save Banks to/from it and have copied the Operating System software to an MO cartridge for safety.

My problem is when I copy the Operating System software back to a DSDD formatted floppy it just won't copy the data. Using sub menu 4 "Copy" I can select the source drive (RICOH) and the destination (Floppy) but when it is OK'd it goes into an endless loop asking to format the floppy. It formats the disk and the Floppy drive is briefly accessed afterwards (red light flashes) but it won't actually write any data. It then asks to format the floppy - again. Aaahhhhhh!!!!!

This also seems to happen when I try to save a Bank to a floppy - making me suspect the drive is possibly faulty.  However, when I save a system update (ie rename a drive etc) the info is definitely written to the floppy - so it seems to work.

Anyone else had any issues like this? It's very frustrating. I want to make a spare Boot  Floppy.

For ref: I'm just about to purchase an IBM/Apple WDS L80 (80meg) hard drive to replace the internal and am hoping this is compatible. It is written in the Forum somewhere as being so. Anyone else installed one of these?

Any advice welcomed and appreciated.
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:46:01 AM »

i have no solution, but the same problems with the floppy of my Emax (1). I can load all, but nothing save.

Quantum SCSI drives from the late 80s/early 90s working very well with the EIII.
methree

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »

did you ever get that ibm hard drive to work inside your eIII?  if so, i could sure use some help over here.  :/
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:05:52 AM »

See :

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=2856.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Help and advice needed on EIII keyboard Floppy drive.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines