E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII new 3.5 drive fitted not I have a problem....

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII new 3.5 drive fitted not I have a problem....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII new 3.5 drive fitted not I have a problem....  (Read 1802 times)
grayedout

« on: May 18, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »

I just bought a 3.5 floppy kit of ebay.. nice guy it was fully tested and set up before shipping to me.. but after fitting it. I can not boot my EII at all.. (I got a V3.1 3.5 system disk with the drive ) next I un connected the old 5.25 so just the 3.5 still not boot.. all the happen is you see v3.1 on the display and you get 2 chugs and the screen freezes.. I then put the 2 old 5.25 back and still it will not boot same thing.! just v3.21 stuck on the screen and drive stop reading after about 2 seconds..

Man what have I done...///?!

Andy
grayedout

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »

look's like when I changed the Drive's over it had two on the same same ID ... any ideas of what parts I have damaged Huh

Andy
rtech

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:00:56 AM »

I don't think connecting two of the same ID would damage anything, but who knows. The thing that could  damage parts is if the cables were not connected correctly. Did you make sure to connect the cables correctly? Specially the power cable going to the new 3.5" Drive, it is very easy to connect it backwards, I have done it when I build computers at home and work.  Make sure that Pin 1 on the drive goes to pin 1 on the EII. I think there is an guide so that the data cable does not bet connected backwards. How are you connecting the new 3.5" drive is there an adapter that you were provided with?

You should also re-seat all the cables, the EII is really sensitive to loose cables/connections when moved or opened.

One more thing, make sure to ground your self before you start working with the inner parts of the EII. Static electricity is not something you want to subject the rare parts of the EII to.

rtech
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:53:57 AM by rtech » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII new 3.5 drive fitted not I have a problem....

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines