E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+ HD hard disk troubleshoot...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:47:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII+ HD hard disk troubleshoot...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII+ HD hard disk troubleshoot...  (Read 1615 times)
zerobit

« on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:12 AM »

Anyone know how to troubleshoot the hard disk?

My EII+ HD will not boot from HD anymore. Just got a 3.1 OS floppy and now it can boot, but it says no 2nd drive when i try to access the HD.

I've read a HD failure case in this forum, but my case seems to be different, as in the Special Menu there are no function like "20". I am not sure if my HD failed.

It would be great if some gave me a hint what to look for, because i have no idea at this point how to determine if my EII failed or my hard disk...or me Wink

zerobit

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »

ok. First i had to realize that there must be two OS 3.1. One is for regular machines and the other is for the HD.
I copied the OS of a regular EII, and i believe it can explain why i have no hard disk functions in the SPECIAL menu.
Until i get an OS 3.1 HD somehow, i have to park this project i guess Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII+ HD hard disk troubleshoot...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines