E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:47:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Wilder's EII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Wilder's EII  (Read 43126 times)
Chevytraveller

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:03 AM »

For those who commented on wanting the library, if you look deeper in the catalogue, you should see there are some library zip discs available as well.
These are a compilation of banks that we managed to recover from Alan's ageing and decaying floppy libraries. Most of the 101 stuff is on there as well as a few tasty banks from the SOFAD tour.

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
JMP

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 01:06:00 AM »

These are a compilation of banks that we managed to recover from Alan's ageing and decaying floppy libraries. Most of the 101 stuff is on there as well as a few tasty banks from the SOFAD tour.

What format are the SOFAD banks in? Are these Emax 2 format too (like the 101 ones) on zip disk? Couldn't see these specifically on the catalogue list...   

Zomnius

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »

what an awesome sale..... look at the EII disks.... we should buy this for our group.....
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »

Hi Zom,

that´s a very good idea! I´m in th boat with you!

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »

Shocked cool!
80sboy

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »

I'd kick in too!
Chevytraveller

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »

I'd be up for it.. I'm hoping to be at the actual auction too if anybody's going

Grin

Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
Chevytraveller

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »

looks like the Emax Zip Discs are back in the auction

http://auction.recoil.co.uk/20-x-aw-dm-sound-sample-zip-discs/

Anyone going to the auction?.

JMP

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »

Yeah, probably will out of interest. Not far from me (Preston).

Not that I need one, would be cool to have the EII (for ownership history) but no point expecting that will stay within reach... 

Would be good to give those old EII floppy disks a go though, shame they're not being auctioned separately. Have found most old floppy disk loading varies a lot between the drives used. Managed to find a brand new, original Shugart SA465 last year that works a treat on mine. Oh well...             

deadprawn

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »

swapped some holiday dates around so have intention of going.

what sort of % chance that you will land something.as there's gonna be some serious
bids coming in.

was after the black shirt with the red flowers on from the video on top of the
twin towers. would have been nice if up.   

anyone got one..?
vitosky

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »

Because we users of E-mu Emulator Sampler  Forum do not collect a sum of money in order to make an offer for Emax Zip Disc library auction?
A member of the forum of English nationality or who it wants participates at auction can do an offer for we users of the forum.
If  we adjudicate the auction, everyone of we that to participated will have 'right to a copy of Emax Zip Disc library on the cheap.

E-mu Emax II - E-mu EIV Ultra - E-mu Esi-32 - Roland Fantom - Yamaha Motif
minphase

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »

Hi group, greetings from an old DSP/synth guy, but total Emulator newbie.  Seeing this AW/DM auction has got all sorts of old juices fired up.  Now I understand these old guys paying top dollar for weird 70s muscle cars -- the ones they couldn't afford when they were teens Wink

Chevytraveller -- your comment sounds like you were involved in the process of compiling the zip disks in the AW auction.  Do you know anything specific about the formats involved?  emax1 or 2, for instance?  It seems logical that all the banks on the zips would work on an emax2 turbo w/8MB, but I'm wondering if they would work on an emax2 with only 1 or 2 megs, or even an emax1?   Would an E3 play back the data on such a zip disk?  I've sent an inquiry to the auctioneers, but doubt they'd be able to answer.  Sorry if this is an ill-posed question.  I /am/ a total newbie regarding E-mu gear, but have tried to put in the google time before asking questions ...

re: group buy of one of the lot 69 discs --  I'm certainly interested in a part-share for a group bid.  I plan to bid on one, and would be willing to make a few copies for people with emax hardware, if I'm able to win.  If I don't win, I'd pay a reasonable part-share to participate in a collective.
Chevytraveller

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 04:29:14 AM »

Chevytraveller -- your comment sounds like you were involved in the process of compiling the zip disks in the AW auction.  Do you know anything specific about the formats involved?  emax1 or 2, for instance?  It seems logical that all the banks on the zips would work on an emax2 turbo w/8MB, but I'm wondering if they would work on an emax2 with only 1 or 2 megs, or even an emax1?   Would an E3 play back the data on such a zip disk? 

Yes I was involved in compiling the discs (I even got a credit in the catalogue :-).
The banks are all saved as Emax II banks. The vast majority of them (101 tour) will load in any Emax II as they were originally loaded from Emax I floppy discs and so are small bank sizes.
Some of the later banks from the SOFAD tour do require an 8MB Emax to play in their entirety as there are many samples layered, but individual presets may load.

Either way, there will be a way of getting the sounds on to any Emax either by EMXP or other means.
Once the auction has run, then I can say/do more for the group with regard to accessing them from other devices/formats

hope this helps

Grin

minphase

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »

Thanks a million, chevytraveller, that's exactly the info I was looking for.   I reckoned there'd be some procedure via EMXP and a usb-zip for extracting the raw wavs, or even an old midi SDS dump, for getting the material into Kontakt or suchlike, but this research has actually convinced me to buy an Emax 2, and I might even spring for an E2 someday now that emuser exists.  Awesome stuff in this forum, thanks everyone!
minphase

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

Dear Lord, I lost control this morning and bought an E2 from a fellow on ebay with zero feedback.   Tongue  What was I thinking?  Time to fire up the scope, warm up the soldering iron.  I really don't know how my wife puts up with this...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines