E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:12:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Wilder's EII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Wilder's EII  (Read 43128 times)
midipuppies

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to getting them. I wonder if the HD still works.......
I know its been taken out, but I may be able to get it going with parts from another. Will keep you posted!

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
emuulator

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »

Here we go........back online.......

Hope no ladies have died while ive been away!

Eagerly scouring Ebay for a Mac so I can actually use my Emulator properly.

Nick
Chevytraveller

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to getting them. I wonder if the HD still works.......
I know its been taken out, but I may be able to get it going with parts from another. Will keep you posted!

Hi J

The HD spins up, but could not get it to be recognised by anything. Tried an EIV and an old Mac but no joy.. good luck with it

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
JMP

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »

I've never known James to be beaten by anything... Was it a case of too little time to sort or did he draw a blank? 

Chevytraveller

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »

I'm not sure if James had a look at the EIII.. I know he got the EII up and working with some PSU work

Grin

Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
JMP

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »

It's the EIII with James in that auction video I linked to earlier.

He did the business on my EII ages ago and it's been tip top ever since. Now there's tempting fate....

ProudEmaxOwner

EII/Emax owner <3

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »

Here we go........back online.......

Hope no ladies have died while ive been away!

Eagerly scouring Ebay for a Mac so I can actually use my Emulator properly.

Nick

Better off looking in the local paper ads or car boots, they go for silly prices on eBay, and that's if you're lucky enough to find one locally- postage is a bomb. Try Freecycle, Gumtree etc...
inyoro

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »

Hi all,

We got one of the sample discs from the AW auction together with friends. Being not professional in Emax issues, any ideas how we can copy this disc?
And also, I am looking for an Emax II. Any suggestions for the places I can get one these old animals is very much appreciated.

Many thanks..!
seamonkey
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »

Lmao, cheers, although I looked a sodding fright because I had a MAJOR hangover that day- I was still throwing up on the train to Manc in the morning, and we got to the venue at ten! Looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, and then some!
adds to the whole rock n roll mystique though doesn't it? Cheesy
kdk

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »

We got one of the sample discs from the AW auction together with friends. Being not professional in Emax issues, any ideas how we can copy this disc?

Look around for a Zip Drive? I've got one working with a WinXP computer, but I'm in the USA so you'll probably want to find someone in the UK.

Once you have a Zip drive running, then you can copy them into your computer and make copies onto new Zip disks, or burn the files to CD. Or use the EMXP software to convert them from Emax format into other E-mu formats or wav files.

See: http://www.emxp.net/

I'm interested in buying a copy if you're interested in selling. Either a direct copy onto a Zip disk or copied on to a CD works for me.   

I'm hoping to get an Emax as well.  :^)

Chevytraveller

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »

Hi all,

And also, I am looking for an Emax II. Any suggestions for the places I can get one these old animals is very much appreciated.

Many thanks..!

The Emax allows you to make a complete backup of one drive to another.. the best way to do this is with 2 Zip drives and an 8Mb Emax II. That's how we created the Discs in the first place from the Internal HD in Alan's machine.
If you need any further help, drop me a PM

Grin

kdk

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

Keep in mind that there are several versions of "Zip" drives that were made over the years. They came in the following disk capacity sizes:
100 MB,
250 MB, and
750 MB,

and with the following interfaces:
LPT (Line Print Terminal), aka "parallel port",
SCSI,
ATAPI,
USB, and
Firewire.

The Zip 100 with a LPT port is probably the most common, and Zip 100 with SCSI is most likely second most common.

If you want to use your computer to make the copies, you probably want to get a Zip 100 with LPT interface, as it should hook right up after installing Iomega's drivers.

If you have a SCSI port on your computer (or you get a Emax), make sure you get a cable that matches both the SCSI interface on the Zip Drive, but also on your computer (or Emax) as there are many different sized SCSI interfaces to deal with.

inyoro

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 01:06:39 AM »

@kdk;
Many thanks for the answers. I will check in details but I am pretty comfortable now that we will be able to solve the issue. In respect to getting a copy, once I manage to get things done, I can share with you one copy of course, no problems. Don't care about the money, not important at all. I just received the invoice but the disc will arrive in 2-3 days I assume. I will be in US (New York) next Tuesday for 2 days. If you are around and if I get the disc by that time, we can even solve the issue there. Just send me a PM.

@Chevytraveller;
I already sent you couple of emails and also PMs, but no reply back still.. Especially in respect to getting an Emax II. Wink But thanks anyway.. Smiley
Chevytraveller

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »

That's strange.. I did reply, but it was via my Yahoo account.. anyway, I have just sent you another PM.. let me know if you get it ok

S.  Grin

inyoro

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »

Yeap, got your PM and replied back. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines