E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:36:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Wilder's EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Wilder's EII  (Read 43233 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: June 04, 2011, 10:41:10 AM »

Have you seen this auction?

http://auction.recoil.co.uk/emu-emulator-ii/

Alan Wilder from depecheMode is selling most of his vintage samplers EII, EI, EmaxII. He's even selling them with 50+ floppy's library.
I don't know if this is too old but anybody knows what's the destiny of those libraries and samplers?

The EmaxII still has the Violator set list printed right to the mod wheel.
http://auction.recoil.co.uk/emu-emax-ii-sampler/

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

I was so excited when he announced this last week, but now it pisses me off.
99% of us true fans will never even get close to owning any of this stuff, let alone the precious samples, because its going to cost a small fortune.
I really do hope that whoever ends up with the samplers and libraries decides to share all those awesome sounds.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »

99% of us true fans will never even get close to owning any of this stuff, let alone the precious samples, because its going to cost a small fortune.

Why?
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »

It is a EII with the double memory option?  "press 00 to change"  Shocked

2 hands with 10 fingers
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:44:21 AM »

The "double memory option" means it is an Emulator II+. Two separate banks of 500 kb each.

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
Electro disco club

Sp 12 turbo / Emu II /

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »

yeahh, mine doesn't have it    Cry
But my girl has a Hxc card  option Kiss

2 hands with 10 fingers
Dimensional Space
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »

All I want is that library.  An EII is an EII.   To be honest.. seeing Alan sell all his Emulator's and having him tell me to my face that he won't ever use those things again really deflated my balloon about it all.   Why wouldn't you use them again?   I've heard his Recoil stuff for years and he could use some old Emulators in there if you ask me.  I respect the whole Mac laptop thing within using nothing but software, but if you're not using both hardware and software these days, then you're missing the juice of life with making music today.   You gotta have both, imho.   You want to sell a shit ton of records, Alan? Do a 2012 Hydrology reissue or remix album and use your original EII and library and your Mac(s).   You would clean house and make a killing on album sales.   I just don't get it...  It leaves a bad and kinda sad taste in my mouth.   So that's it huh? 

I will use mine forever.  I tried going commando a couple times now without an EII and was totally disgusted with my music without those filters.   You can't get them with an EIII or Emax.   Maybe a 2002 rack comes close but still not the same.   

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:37:34 AM by Dimensional Space » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »

All I want is that library.  An EII is an EII.   To be honest.. seeing Alan sell all his Emulator's and having him tell me to my face that he won't ever use those things again really deflated my balloon about it all.   Why wouldn't you use them again?   I've heard his Recoil stuff for years and he could use some old Emulators in there if you ask me.  I respect the whole Mac laptop thing within using nothing but software, but if you're not using both hardware and software these days, then you're missing the juice of life with making music today.   You gotta have both, imho.   You want to sell a shit ton of records, Alan? Do a 2012 Hydrology reissue or remix album and use your original EII and library and your Mac(s).   You would clean house and make a killing on album sales.   I just don't get it...  It leaves a bad and kinda sad taste in my mouth.   So that's it huh? 

I will use mine forever.  I tried going commando a couple times now without an EII and was totally disgusted with my music without those filters.   You can't get them with an EIII or Emax.   Maybe a 2002 rack comes close but still not the same.   

I feel your point of view, as I'm also addicted to all the stuff.

Noone cares about you or me though Cheesy
See - that's the difference between freaks like us and "real" musicians. A musician doesn't want to mess around. He just wants to create music. A tool is just a tool especially talking about a "sampler" - it can even hardly pass as an instrument imho.

No intent to be offensive bro. Wink
Dimensional Space
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »

No offense taken, Elmer.   But I like my style of music a 1000 times better than Alan's.
Granted he is 1000 better producer than me, but it comes down to style and the final outcome.
I could care less what he's doing now.  I haven't like a track of his since he left DM a hundred years ago.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »

But I like my style of music a 1000 times better

Do you have a myspace page or something similar where we can have a listen?

greetz,
Elm.
Dimensional Space
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

No. 

Think Basic Channel/Maurizio/Chain Reaction, etc.

12bit

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »

Mr. Elm is spot on here.

I used to work in different Music Stores here in Denmark and the professional composers/musicians DO GENERALLY NOT CARE about the equipment they use; what they use is tools.

I totally understand where you're coming from (I am from the same place you know :-) ), but anyone with just a small amount of rational thinking will quickly understand that using a soon-to-be 30 year old sampler with technical quirks where you need 5.25 inch floppy drives and old Apple computers in order to make it work - and an OS that takes a LOT more time to get around than software samplers - over a software sampler like Kontakt or HALion is silly if not stupid.

You WILL get things done quicker and more sleak using software - no doubt about. What you WON'T get is the fantastic sound of and Emulator II but I am pretty sure that the average listener couldn't care less.

I - like you - just LOVE the filters and the overall sound of the EII, but if your job is being a professional musician most would move on.

Best;

KennethA
12bit.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
Dimensional Space
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 11:25:02 PM »

Depends what kind of artist you are and the sound you're after.  If you're Kaskade or Deadmouse than software all the way.  If you're Echospace than you're purposely using Sequential and Emu for the dirty dark tones.  Granted they use laptops on stage, but they're just playback recorders for them.    It really depends on the genre. 

There is no doubt that DAW's are very fast in making music these days in a more efficient and elegant way of working.  The EII is old fashioned.  But it has character that computers could never make.  But as you said, most people wouldn't know the difference.  Especially if your music isn't radio friendly than mainstream audiences will never hear your stuff anyways..   It's a personal thing I guess to the artist who owns these old things and nostalgia.  All this time wasted (or invested)  and expense and hassle....  it's worth it.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »

Yeah. That we all do know.  Cool
JMP

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »

Reckon 12bit speaks for the majority of music professionals, although I've sold EII soundbanks recently to two recording artists (one very well known) still using their EII's in the studio to get a particular sound. Not live on stage though for obvious reasons, shame as they would look very cool.   Smiley    

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:30:37 PM by JMP » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines