E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Did a HUGE job To my 2 Emulator II+

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:30:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Did a HUGE job To my 2 Emulator II+
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did a HUGE job To my 2 Emulator II+  (Read 2790 times)
roginator

« on: June 04, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »

done this to bouth machines! AND TODAY THEY WORK PERFECT!

I decided to do additional work on EII ...

so next is done on this baby (I did it like i do it for myself.. )

1. removed Old dead SCSI and HD from EII... just problematic part without any chance to fix! (only one was HD)
2. upgraded OS to 3.1 .. new eproms burned and installed
3. Recapped PSU unit with Hi Quality panasonic LOW SRE Capacitors
4. Audio flow and analog part of electronics replaced Tantalum caps with NEW Kemet type 5%
5. Recaped 1 Floppy Drive  (space for second floppy is empty since there was removed HD... future place for HcX drive)
6. All PSU rails are recapped too on bouth Mother PCBS
7. Floppy Drive is fully cleaned (up to last part)
8. Replaced LCD display with VFD and removed Hi Voltage inverter
9. cleaned KEYBOARD
10. Cleaned every switch on front panel
11. Cleaned Slider for program Control
12. Generaly cleaned DUST from inside of EII
13. Calibrated EII by service manual
14. Lost Fuse holder Replaced with NEW one!

NEXT HXC DRIVE and one of EII+ machines goes to NEW home!!!!  Smiley

One is keeper forever!!!!!!!

esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:06:38 AM »

Sounds like it is brand new again and ready for a next shift of 30 years !
Congrats.

BTW: if you say you have calibrated the unit... does this mean you have the calibration floppy disk ?
EIIBD

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:26:35 AM »

Hello Roginator!

Congrats on the EII+ rebuild.  You sound like an EII+ authority.  I'm hoping you may have a suggestion for me regarding my 1985 EII+, that I purchased new that year. Cosmetically, my EII looks new.  Always kept clean, and dust free in my studio.  Here's my problem....

My EII+ (w 2 floopy drives) will power up, but all the LED's on the front (including the lights on the floppy drives) are randomly flashing and both floopy drives are clicking (trying to load data from the inserted discs), but the drives will not load the data (have tried many different factory discs, P.2.3 and P.3.1 with no success).  The display shows random digital readout info that makes no sense.  I removed the floppy drives, and used air compressor to remove any dust.  Still no boot up.

I would appreciate any advice you may offer, as to where the problem may be and how I should approach the repair.  Do you know where I can get a schematic diagram, so I can at least test the voltage on the PSU rails.

Thanks,
EIIBD
Zomnius

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »

hello, do you have a more specific parts list of the recapped psu?
80sboy

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:39 PM »

I second that emotion on the parts list. I have 2 power supplies ready for the EII, a 5/12 switcher and a +-15 linear. i need to fabricate a different mounting plate, which will take some time, and also need to re-do the wiring harness, but in the meantime I would like to order all new caps for the original power supply just incase. If there was a nice Mouser etc parts list that would be great for many people on this list.

80sboy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Did a HUGE job To my 2 Emulator II+

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines