E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII with case fan

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:17:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII with case fan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII with case fan  (Read 2110 times)
Dimensional Space
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »

I picked up another working EII recently with a case fan mod.   Anyone interested in seeing the mod?  I can post pics.  It's not quite the EIII fan but it seems to keep this thing alive.  There is no cutting out the back of the case which is nice.

JMP

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »

Why would someone fit a fan (only to give background noise) when the machine can operate OK without it?

My Synthex has a fan and I hate it, noisy as hell. I'd take it out if I thought I could... 

Dimensional Space
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »

There is no additional noise going on with mine.  No machine noise or line noise on the outputs.
Why put it in?  Because the power supply is the weakest link with the EII.   That's why.
It's working and that's all I care about.  I think there are more busted EII's out there verses working ones with the units left in existence.
JMP

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »

Why put it in?  Because the power supply is the weakest link with the EII.   That's why.

Wow, what a shirty response...  Undecided Makes sense, I recall the original UK EII's PSU's were cheap but any vintage synth/sampler from the 80's should have the PSU overhauled. It's often the first thing to go in any vintage machine, well in my experience anyway.... 

It's working and that's all I care about. 

Er... OK, wasn't meaning to piss on your bonfire... Glad it works, quietly too.  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII with case fan

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines