E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - fail on replace the eprom scanner v.3.1.0

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:43:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  fail on replace the eprom scanner v.3.1.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fail on replace the eprom scanner v.3.1.0  (Read 3169 times)
inspactor

« on: August 06, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

hi i have my e2 opend and checked all the ics. after wrong replacing the scanner ic, the display shows me only a black bar and all the light are on. i but it back in the right position but nothing happends! il try it mutch times!! should i damaged him??  what can be happend after this to the rest of the e2?  thanks a lot! Wink
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »

Why in hell did you put your hands into this machine ?
inspactor

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »

ok ok dr.c sorry sorry but i was so pissed of to search like 2 weeks to find someone like you who can help me!!!! iam totaly frustrated about the situation that i was searching for this mashine like 5 years and now i found one on ebay an the seller says that everything is ok ! i bought it and now nothing will work and the seller wont get it back. i also dont find enyone who can fix it for me! iam be a shamed about that what iam done to this you can believe me!!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry

can you help me??
inspactor

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »

Super forum!! The only who can or will help is esynthesis! Thx to all;(;(
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:30 AM »

Super forum!! The only who can or will help is esynthesis! Thx to all;(;(

I guess nobody really knows if you damaged the thing, otherwise I'm sure you would hve gotten an answer.
Most of us are musicians, not techs. And as these machines are getting older and rarer, there aren't THAT many technical experts left on earth... a bad fact but it's like that.

What I wanted to say: I can't help you, I'm sorry.
rtech

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »

what do you mean by wrong replacing the scanner ROM? Did you put it in the wrong socket or did you put it in the socket in the wrong orientation? I suggest you try a new scanner ROM to see if you only damaged the ROM? If you start taking out chips you better ground yourself and know what you are doing before touching anything inside this beast. Like everyone has stated, some of the parts are no longer available.

rtech
inspactor

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »

At first thanks for response! Second i really know that this mashines are verry rare! But what should i do if i bought one for a lot of money and than its not boot correct? you all will do the same like me and take the way in the internet to find out who can fix it! But this is also rar like the mashine it self. at least i try it by my self to get all the informations here and there. Some say thats always the ICs are have to reseated because of dirty pins bad conections. thats all what i did! ok to change the direction of the IC was a bad idea! now i bought an iC burner and a new IC 27c64-20 thanks for the binary code out of this forum! This hopefully it brings me back in the default position! More next!;)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »

Sounds good! Good Luck!!

let us know!
inspactor

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 06:58:57 AM »

ok! iam back on track! pole position yeaa! today i get the eprom burner. i was
burning successful the scanner rom 3.1 on to the IC!! iam happy now because
everything is like the first day! lol that means now i have to look for the
other problems.

the eII dont boot from floppy or hxc only the message in display (insert disk
emu rev 3.1)
i also use the diagnose disk an than it shows me "Err BnkA 0815F Data: FC S/B:
FE) esynthesis said me that i have to reseat the ICs on the memory board. i try
it in one row of the ICs! anyone here with experience about that? and is it
really so effective to resolder the powersubly? thx krellinski

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - fail on replace the eprom scanner v.3.1.0

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines