E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - DEPECHE MODE EMULATORS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:55:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  DEPECHE MODE EMULATORS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DEPECHE MODE EMULATORS  (Read 5629 times)
omegaauctions

« on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:52 AM »

DEPECHE MODE AUCTION - EMULATORS AVAILABLE

On Saturday 3rd September a large collection of vintage music equipment is going up for auction. This sale includes a number of vintage Emulators as we as other samplers, instruments and synthesisers. The auction itself is the lifetime collection of Alan Wilder, the drummer and keyboard player from Depeche Mode. He has retained numerous items and kept them in great condition. The Emulators he is offering to the auction are as follows:

Lot #28 -  Emulator II Model 6028 16 bit sampler, plus set of Recoil performance floppy discs & large sample library collection (total 80+ discs) - Serial number: 1099. Condition: TBC. Includes power supple cable & case for floppy discs. Manufactured by Emu Systems Inc., USA.  The Emulator 11 is the sampler on which the very first Recoil recording ‘1+2’ was entirely composed. Included with the Emulator II are approximately 80 x 5" floppy discs, each containing unique library samples and original Recoil patches.

Lot #29 - Emulator III Digital sampler keyboard & set of discs - Serial number: (Hard drive model ST - 251N) 00685414. Condition: cosmetically excellent although in need of repair and service.  Includes power supply cable and hard drive (separated). Manufactured by Emu Systems Inc., USA. It features a standard 3.25” floppy disk drive, a 16-channel sequencer, a fast processor, an internal 40 Mb hard disk, 16-voice polyphony and a SCSI interface to allow the connection of an external hard disk or CD-ROM player. The filters are still analogue filters, hence the sampler’s ‘warm’ sound. The keyboard also has aftertouch. The Emulator range was used on Depeche Mode recordings and on stage between 1983 and 1994. Also included a set of 75 x 3.5inch floppy discs containing factory samples.

Lot #27 - Emax Turbo II Model 2205 - 16 bit sampler keyboard & set of discs - Serial number: 0300510. Condition: Visually very good, fully functional with newly fitted hard drive. Includes: 'Bulldog' tour flight case with compartments for discs and extras, 30 pre-loaded sound banks for tracks played on 'Music for the Masses' and 'Devotional' tours, 21 x 3.5-inch dual-sided floppy discs each containing keyboard sample patches which Alan used during the ‘Music For The Masses’ tour in 1988, 60 x sound patch discs containing many factory and self-made sounds (examples: Harp/Karplus Strings, Rock Guitar, Grand Piano, Electric Bass, etc.). In addition, a laminated 'Devotional' tour set list, operations manual & power supply cable. Manufactured by Emu Systems Inc., USA.

Lot #22 -Drumulator - Model 7000 Drum machine - Serial number: 338. Condition: visually excellent but not currently functional (the power supply hums, so could be easy to fix). Includes original flight case & power supply cable. Manufactured by Emu Systems Inc., USA.

Lot #30 - Emulator 6400 ‘Ultra’ Digital sampler - Serial number: 039967118 (6842). Condition: Excellent, fully functional but no internal drive (works via SCSI with external drive). Includes operation manual, power supply, software version 4.0e, 64 channel card and 128Mb internal sound memory.  The Emulator range was used on Depeche Mode recordings and on stage between 1983 and 1994.  

In addition to these items, the auction also includes numerous pieces of musical equipment, such as instruments, samplers, vintage synthesisers and other digital recording equipment.

For more information on these items or any other equipment included in the auction please visit the following sites:

http://www.auction.recoil.co.uk
http://www.omegaauctions.co.uk

To view the catalogue or to register for online bidding please visit http://the-saleroom.com

The auction itself will be taking place in Hulme, Manchester (UK) on September 3rd 2011. For any further information please email office@omegaauctions.co.uk or call 0161 865 0385.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:27:17 AM by omegaauctions » Logged
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:07:38 AM »

Anyone want to have a friendly bet on how much these things will go for?
I say the Emax at 10 grand.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:52:14 AM »

Shocked

??

I'd say they go for just a little more than 'non-famous' units go for.
I've seen other auctions with famous gear, where this has been like that.

10 grand....  Roll Eyes
Chevytraveller

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »

Anyone want to have a friendly bet on how much these things will go for?
I say the Emax at 10 grand.

How many rich Depeche Mode fans do you know Jay?.. still everything counts in large amounts  Wink

see you there to watch the bidding

S.

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
midipuppies

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »

Wink

andrewmartyn

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:41:54 AM »

Those who miss out on the keyboards I can recommend bidding on the zip discs of tour sounds, I was lucky enough to get one a while back after lending Alan's keyboard tech (Tom from analoguesolutions.com) who borrowed my EII+ to back up all Alan's EII floppies.

The tour sounds are great to mess about with especially NLMDA, amd the zip also will include Leave In Silence bank which was going to be played on the Devotional Tour but wasn't but Alan's put out the sounds Smiley

I'm also on the auction credits for helping out with the vinyls I don't know Alan personally just a lucky fan being at the right place at the right time Smiley

Ell, Ell+, EIII, Emax ll
midipuppies

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »

Shocked

??

10 grand....  Roll Eyes

Anything to add?

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »

Shocked

??

10 grand....  Roll Eyes

Anything to add?

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

I never would have expected those things to go for THAT much.... you never stop learning...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - DEPECHE MODE EMULATORS

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines