E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Power Supply Repair, tech looking for component values

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:35:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EII Power Supply Repair, tech looking for component values
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EII Power Supply Repair, tech looking for component values  (Read 1834 times)
sfbaytech

« on: September 01, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

I have a EII power supply that was sent to me for repair (lucky me!) and test using a bench-load. The chopper Q103 transistor is shorted and there are 2 burnt out resistors, R104 & R106. As an aside the power connectors solder joints had failed badly, so as is common with these that was probably the root cause of failure.

My issue here is that the schematic component values are hard to decipher to say the least, and I can't find a good close-up picture of the top of the power supply around Q103. Q103 that is fitted is a "12014-d", but trying various 2s* prefixes does not turn anything up. The schematic also suggests what looks like a 2N6545 but I may be misreading that. R104 looks like 1/2w 75ohm but the feed to Q103 that is R106 is not identified or given a value on the schematic. I would appreciate knowing the true values of these components, perhaps by someone eyeballing there's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Power Supply Repair, tech looking for component values

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines