E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Vintage Audiomedia nubus card question/help needed

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:49:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emulator Parts Guide and Group Buys
| | |-+  Vintage Audiomedia nubus card question/help needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vintage Audiomedia nubus card question/help needed  (Read 3027 times)
FunkySqueek

« on: September 04, 2011, 08:48:05 AM »

I have aquired an Audiomedia I (rev B.1) Nubus soundcard for vintage Mac. When I put it into my Mac IIfx the computer starts up and when it comes to read the cards it halts with "buss error" - when I remove the audiomedia card, the computer works as normal.

There seems to be something with the Audiomedia card that causes the computer to throw a wobbly when it reads the card's identity. Does anyone know if I need to set the card's jumpers in a particular way? There are 3 jumpers, 2 near the main CPU chip look likely.

Just for fun, if I remove the card's erprom or cpu chip the computer boots just fine - but of course the Audiomedia is not seen.

Booting with extensions off makes no difference. Clues anyone?
filterstein

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »

Presuming both the card and your mac are working correctly the only things i can think of are:

wrong nubus slot
try to zap the pram
use the correct os
run the os in 16bit mode if it's os7 or later
the IIfx was an oddball, perhaps try something like a IIci or quadra

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Vintage Audiomedia nubus card question/help needed

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines