E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Extremely Impressed With EMXP!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:38:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Extremely Impressed With EMXP!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Extremely Impressed With EMXP!!  (Read 3150 times)
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« on: December 12, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »

Just to say a really big thank you to esynthesist...  For ages now I've been trying to find a way of reading my EIIIXP drives.   Having had such bad luck with bespoke disk format readers in the past I was very sceptical.   After a flash of inspiration I hooked up an old SCSI ZIP drive to my EIII and copied several of my banks over to the formatted zip disk.  I then plugged an old parallel port ZIP drive into an old Win2K laptop and installed EMXP.  To my complete amazement EMXP mounted the disk and behold there were all of my banks...  and my presets... I even converted raw samples into wav files!

What I'm really wanting to do, besides backing up my beloved samples, is to create a CDROM of my sounds that the EIII can read.

Can someone tell me whether this is possible - taking into account that these are my own samples residing on disk ie. I don't have CDROMS to image ie. I want to convert HD images into an EIII CDROM.

Cheers,

Dan, Hideaway Studio.
E-mu EMAX II KB Turbo, EIIIXP, EMAX II Rack, ARP Omni-2, Roland Juno-106, MKS-70, MKS-50, D-550 & PG-1000, D-110, U-220, Korg Wavestation A/D, M1R, Yamaha SY77, TG77, TG33, TX81Z, Novation Supernova rack, Bass Station Rack, Drumstation, A-Station, Waldorf MicroWave, AKAI S1000, DR4 & DR4d,  Alesis D4, Fusion 8HD, Studiomaster 24:16:2 desk.

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:20:56 PM »

hmm,

yes, you should be able to do so...

EMXP should do the job. It's manual is excellent, quick to read and should advise you what you can do (and what you can't).

And: Yes, all hail e-synthesist and emxp.  Grin

Greetz,
Elm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Extremely Impressed With EMXP!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines