E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Memory Testing - Service Proms

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:29:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI General Discussion
| | |-+  Memory Testing - Service Proms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Memory Testing - Service Proms  (Read 2278 times)
sfbaytech

« on: September 08, 2011, 06:30:44 AM »

I have a couple of sick E1's here with symptoms that make me want to test the memory. Does anyone have images of these eproms they could upload or send? I do have an old programmer that can deal with these.

The only other solution looks to be getting a Z80 ICE and hooking it to the system.

Thanks,

Chris

----------------From the web----

Service PROM's To enable the Emulator I to be serviced E-mu Systems created a number of programs on 1 Kbyte EPROM's, so that the microprocessor could run a different program than the usual boot OS. To make these work you have to replace the boot EPROM with the appropriate service EPROM, and then switch on.

The Emulator Disk Alignment EPROM enables the diskette drive to be calibrated.

The Emulator Memory Check EPROM enables the RAM to be checked out without needing the RAM to run the OS.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »

I can't help you, but having some EIs for repair sounds amazing!
Could you take a picture of your workshop for all us gear-geeks on here??
 Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Memory Testing - Service Proms

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines