E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - neeeeeed heeeeelp!!!!! can not formate floppys

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:20:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  neeeeeed heeeeelp!!!!! can not formate floppys
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: neeeeeed heeeeelp!!!!! can not formate floppys  (Read 2477 times)
inspactor

« on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:37 AM »

hi! i have the problem that my eII wont format floppydisks! so everytime i start the process with klicking the button "disk that number 8 for format disk," than it ask me" insert libery disk press enter" i do but nothing happens and allways gomes this message!??? both of the floppy drives are ok and the jumper settings are also ok. need help! thx
minphase

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »

The format process will default to formatting drive B.  It will look to drive A to get the OS from your boot disc, and copy that onto the blank disc in drive B.

Leave your boot disk in drive A, put blank into B, press the Disk button, then '8' for format.  Don't worry, it won't format drive A ! 

It will load some info from the boot disc in drive A, and will then say 'insert disk to be formatted into drive B'.  Put the blank disc into B if you haven't done so already, and hit enter.  If things are OK, it will format the blank disc in B.   

Hope this works for you, best, minphase.
minphase

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »

If that's what you've been doing already, sorry!   You could swap the drives -- perhaps your drive B has a misaligned head and can't write, as JMP mentioned the other day.  If you swap drive B for A, and swap jumpers, you might be able to use drive A to format the floppy.     Good luck!  minphase
inspactor

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:56:58 AM »

the second answer should be the best! because the first one was without a result. i will try it later! thx buddy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - neeeeeed heeeeelp!!!!! can not formate floppys

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines