E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax and SD HxC Floppy emulator

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:54:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Emax and SD HxC Floppy emulator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax and SD HxC Floppy emulator  (Read 10169 times)
juno6

« on: October 17, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »

It works great. I boxed my HxC so I can use it with my other vintage samplers (EII+, DSS1, Mirage, etc). If anyone needs help on how to make the installation, etc, I can help.

* 166991_10150369290080990_565505989_9716899_822162203_n.jpg (69.44 KB, 717x538 - viewed 1110 times.)
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »

GREAT!!!!
juno6

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »

Yesterday I did the instalation in my Mirage. It works great, much faster than the floppy drive. What a great sounding vintage sampler the Mirage is. I guess I'm going off topic.
micromoog

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »

@juno6

Do you have some Disk images for the mirage to share?

I've a mirage here, but only about 7 (boring) factory disks and Masos. Nothing else.

Thx!
juno6

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »

@juno6

Do you have some Disk images for the mirage to share?

I've a mirage here, but only about 7 (boring) factory disks and Masos. Nothing else.

Thx!

That's a problem.  Embarrassed
My Mirage came with 3 disks... I've found a couple of disk images on the net,
I think they're on the yahoo group.
Also, this library is really good, I've tried a couple of  disk yet and they're great...
http://srpl.com/mirage/MetaScape/

Cheers!
jrb1864

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »

Can this be done on the IKE Baldwin Emax model?  There is one I want to purchase if I can either add SCSI drive, CF or SD drive, or floppy emulator.

What out of all these options is the easiest and most reliable with decent load/save speeds?

Thank you!
juno6

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »

I have an HD model... It's way faster than HxC, but only 20megs instead of up to 16 gigas IIRC...
jrb1864

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »

Is this version (Baldwin IKE) able to take an internal HD?

I'm thinking the floppy emulator or a SCSI drive would be my options.  Just not sure.  Anyone with insight?

iloveemus

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:58 AM »

It works great. I boxed my HxC so I can use it with my other vintage samplers (EII+, DSS1, Mirage, etc). If anyone needs help on how to make the installation, etc, I can help.

hi what is the black panel on the front of your emax, and how would I be able to build one like it or was it ready made?

can you give more details please.

juno6

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »

hi what is the black panel on the front of your emax, and how would I be able to build one like it or was it ready made?

can you give more details please.

Sure... I made them myself...  In fact I found a big plastic... sheet? and I cuted it and punched it to put all the connectors inside. You have to make your own ribbon cables yourself... it´s easy... basically an extension from the mother to the panel that goes where there was a floppy drive. You need to buy some ribbon cable, the male adaptor for the front, a female for the mother (IIRC)... and the adaptor for the power (that depends on which adaptor type you prefer).
It´ll take a couple of hours.
iloveemus

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »

Fantastic,

thank you for the information

would a 34 pin work like the above?

or would I need to find something that would be able to attach to the plastic surrounding?

so are you using a 34 pin cable from front panel to hxc? so motherboard>connector (shown above) 34 pin  cable from connector to hxc?

that correct?

Thanks once again

juno6

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »

Fantastic,

thank you for the information

would a 34 pin work like the above?

or would I need to find something that would be able to attach to the plastic surrounding?

so are you using a 34 pin cable from front panel to hxc? so motherboard>connector (shown above) 34 pin  cable from connector to hxc?

that correct?

Thanks once again

I wouldn´t recomend those adaptors... those are for inserting on a board... if you look at the other side, there´s no way to catch a cable or another adaptor...
Here´s what I use...
(pics attached)
juno6

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »

Pics...

* ficha1b.jpg (51.01 KB, 490x367 - viewed 834 times.)

* ficha2b.jpg (43.3 KB, 490x367 - viewed 849 times.)

* ficha3b.jpg (56.11 KB, 490x367 - viewed 842 times.)
ShortwaveMystery

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »

This is all very cool...which HxC unit from Lotharek did you purchase..could you please link to the model that you purchased? Would love to set my Emax up like this...
Also, would a simple Standard Male to Female floppy IDE cable work as opposed to having
to 'fab' one like you did? I am not very good with my old eyes at getting all those little pins lined up just perfectly and would rather have one already made from the factory.
If so, what length would we need and the pin number configuration (Ie 68 pin or?)
Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax and SD HxC Floppy emulator

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines