E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Just purchased an Emax SE what are my software options?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:24:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax General Discussion
| | |-+  Just purchased an Emax SE what are my software options?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just purchased an Emax SE what are my software options?  (Read 3330 times)
RJMM

« on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

I have a PowerBook 190 and was wondering if I can use it with my Emax SE?

From what I can tell there was a specific version of Sound Designer for the Emax?
Although I'm not completely sure.

I downloaded Sound Designer II 2.02 but that said it required a Sound Accelerator card.

If there is a version compatible with the Emax could someone please provide a download location.

It would be very  much appreciated.

Thanks  Smiley
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 05:26:30 AM »

Here you are.

* Turbosynth€  ’¹ 2.0.sit (197.28 KB - downloaded 319 times.)
* Sound Designer Universal€  ’¹’¥.sit (161.14 KB - downloaded 312 times.)

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
RJMM

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:03:27 AM »

Thanks for that I'll try them both later and see how it goes.  Smiley
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

There is indeed also a Sound Designer which is dedicated to the Emax.
Which means it can remotely control all parameters of the Emax, as well as transferring complete banks (besides individual samples).

This version is very rare and the original disk (image) is not available anymore and can not be found anywhere.
The only existing flavour that I'm aware of is one in which this small piece of software can be found installed on a 100MB hard disk image which must be copied entirely to a ZIP disk; moreover this software must at all times be started from that ZIP disk, it can not be copied to a floppy disk or internal Mac hard disk due to a copy protection schema which has been used during installation.
This uncomfortable means of using the software, combined with the huge size of 100MB for the full image, means that this version is not available for download anywhere neither :-) 
RJMM

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »

There is indeed also a Sound Designer which is dedicated to the Emax.
Which means it can remotely control all parameters of the Emax, as well as transferring complete banks (besides individual samples).

This version is very rare and the original disk (image) is not available anymore and can not be found anywhere.
The only existing flavour that I'm aware of is one in which this small piece of software can be found installed on a 100MB hard disk image which must be copied entirely to a ZIP disk; moreover this software must at all times be started from that ZIP disk, it can not be copied to a floppy disk or internal Mac hard disk due to a copy protection schema which has been used during installation.
This uncomfortable means of using the software, combined with the huge size of 100MB for the full image, means that this version is not available for download anywhere neither :-) 

That's a shame  Sad I'll keep scouring the internet and see what I can find.

I have been looking for those great CDS3/OMI CD Volumes 1-3 I want to try them with your application. Smiley

Any idea where I could locate them? They are such a niche thing, finding seems impossible.

Thanks for you help.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Just purchased an Emax SE what are my software options?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines