E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP stopped seeing internal harddrive?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIIIXP stopped seeing internal harddrive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIIIXP stopped seeing internal harddrive?  (Read 2867 times)
traxus12

« on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:59 AM »

Hi! I bought an EIIIXP last year along with some other synth modules and I've been messing around with it in my rack for a while. The OS boots from a floppy disk and I found if I clicked the "Load" button I could select the internal harddrive (it would say D2 QUANTUM LPS340S) and load samples that were on there from the previous owner.

Now, a few days ago, the internal harddrive just stopped appearing. When I click the Load or Drive buttons, or try any of the options in Disk Utilities, it just says "Mounting Drives..." or "Checking Drives..." for a few seconds (I can hear some noises like the harddrive is doing something), but then it only gives me D0 Floppy Disk as an option.

The one exception is if I go to "Format Disk", "D2 QUANTUM LPS340S" shows up as one of the options. Oh yeah, and I don't know if this is related, but if I go to "Lock Bank and Drive" it just shows "LOCK BANK:" with no options and then the operating system freezes. None of the buttons or sliders do anything and "LOCK BANK:" disappears after about 30 seconds. I have to flip the power switch off.

I'm guessing the harddrive died. Is there anything I can do to save the samples that were on it? Should I try formatting it? I also have a GLYPH CD-ROM plugged into the back of the EIIIXP via SCSI that I haven't even used yet, and a Jaz drive with a disk in it that I haven't tried yet either. All of this came from the previous owner.
JeEA

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »

Hi
You could unplug the hd turn the Emu on. Turn it off again plug the hd in and turn the Emu back on again. I have just done that with one of my Akai samples because it said "No harddisc interface" and it shure had one. Huh
After that it detects the interface but now writes Hard disc not ready. That's just to show You that it could be a bad connection.

If it does not work try another disc. I have had the same problem but ended up changing the hd.

Cheers
Jens
traxus12

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:06:58 AM »

Thank you for the response JeEA. Like you said, I tried unplugging the HD and turning it on/off, then plugging the HD back in and trying again, but it still didn't recognize it. Finally, I tried formatting the HD but it just sat there "Formatting Disk" all day. I left it go for eight hours before I decided to turn it off. No luck.

So I took the HD out. Can anyone tell me what hard disks are compatible with the EIIIXP so I can buy a new one? Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP stopped seeing internal harddrive?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines