E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Fatal Startup Error

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Fatal Startup Error
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fatal Startup Error  (Read 4348 times)
Deadalus

« on: November 12, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »

Hi. I have a problem with my Emualtor EIIIXP. Yesterday my sampler working properly, but now he is writes on startup this message:
Fatal Startup Error
             No
        SCSI Bus
    Termination
I don't have any external scsi drives, only internal hdd. By the way, I disconnect every cable (ribbon cables) in this machine, trying to start but nothing.. only this message on the screen. I don't know what's going on.. maybe OS have some failures (and yeah, I don't have EIIIxp floppy with os) or hardware bug. Please, help.
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »

Dead hard drive.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
edude

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »

inside the eiiix are two scsi ports on the main board; one for outgoing scsi and one for internal scsi. when operating the eiiix with floppy drive only, for termination to be present and to bypass this fatal startup error there must either be a row of jumpers in place next to the internal scsi port(see photo), or there must be termination supplied externally via the external scsi port(termination block can be used). according to the eiiix manual, the sampler was sold with the row of internal jumpers in place but without termination power supplied. many of these samplers have had these jumpers removed and they are very difficult to replace

whether termination is supplied externally or internally, termination power must also be applied. next to both of the scsi ports on the main board are two-pin jumpers, one next to the outgoing scsi port and one next to the internal scsi port. if you have the row of internal jumpers already in place, connect the two-pin jumper next to the internal scsi port for termination power. if you have an external device such as a terminator block, connect it to the bottom external scsi port on the back of the sampler and connect the two-pin jumper next to the outgoing scsi port on the main board to supply termination power

this is for operation with only a disk drive. if you plan to add a scsi drive make sure to configure it accordingly so as to not have two devices supplying termination power(!) for example, when connecting an internal scsi drive, make sure its termination power is not enabled if the eiiix termination power is connected (two-pin jumper). conversely, if the internal scsi drive has termination power enabled, make sure to disconnect the two-pin jumper inside the eiiix that is supplying the termination power

^^should have been in the manual lol

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:30:25 PM by edude » Logged
Deadalus

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »

Thank you for help, edude. With a row of jumpers sampler seems to work properly (the error is gone and I get message: Checking SCSI 1..2..3 etc) but with a SCSI hard drive I have tried any possible combinations (hard disc termination off - two-pin power jumper is on and vice versa)... and nothing, only this damn error: No SCSI Bus Termination. Maybe hard drive is dead.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Fatal Startup Error

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines