E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax 2 - Changing Sample Pitch

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:29:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II General Discussion
| | |-+  Emax 2 - Changing Sample Pitch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax 2 - Changing Sample Pitch  (Read 5293 times)
ajlawr12

« on: November 13, 2013, 07:41:30 AM »

Hello. I am starting a Depeche Mode cover band, and I am trying to change the pitch of a sample. Specifically, I sampled the beginning sound of It Doesn't Matter 2, and I want to be able to change the pitch, so that I can play out the whole song. Every time I try to change the pitch in Dynamic Processing 11, the maximum it will change is a 1/2 note up or down, and it also changes the original sample. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on changing the pitch of a sample, and being able to have them on keys right next to one another. Thank you very much for your help.
Chevytraveller

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:46:06 AM »

Hi

I'm assuming that mapping the sample across the keyboard doesn't give the effect you are after?..
for changing the sample from its original pitch (especially if you want to do it without effecting it's playback speed) then you are much better off editing the samples in a DAW of computer based editor before transferring them over to the Emax using EMXP or similar

hope this helps Smiley

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax 2 - Changing Sample Pitch

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines