E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OMI & Northstar libraries

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:09:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  OMI & Northstar libraries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OMI & Northstar libraries  (Read 3070 times)
thared33

« on: November 24, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »

Hello. Can someone clarify this for me? OMI released a 3-disc library, the first two volumes being OMI, and the 3rd disc being the NorthStar library. Is that correct? If you visit the page at http://www.northstarsamples.com/EIIFloppies.html - is this actually what was on the 3rd CDROM in that library?

If I had these CDs (or images of them) will I be able to convert them somehow for use in some other sampler (EMXP software)? I've been looking all over for these discs but can't find them. If anyone has them, please contact me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:50:00 PM by thared33 » Logged
aMusaic

aMusaic

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

> OMI released a 3-disc library, the first two volumes being OMI, and the 3rd disc being the NorthStar library. Is that correct?

Correct - there were three discs, the so-called 'Universe of Sounds' - Volume 1, 2 and 3. The third disc was labelled "Northstar Gold".

The general opinion is that the best quality samples (most authentic, that is) is on the Northstar Volume (436 banks) - BUT the real gem is on the Volume 1: Here you'll find all the original EII-banks from E-mu - the Volume 1 is THE EII of the 80's!

> If you visit the page at http://www.northstarsamples.com/EIIFloppies.html - is this actually what was on the 3rd CDROM in that library?

No - or at least: Not as is. The library listed at http://www.northstarsamples.com/EIIFloppies.html is 507 floppies - the Volume 3 (Northstar Gold) is 436 banks. Maybe 436 was complete at the time the CD was put together?

> If I had these CDs (or images of them) will I be able to convert them somehow for use in some other sampler (EMXP software)?

Yes, you will - PROVIDED the CDs are still holding it contentes (literally). I have all three volumes and have so far been able to convert Volume 2 and 3 to E3B (the format of EIII). I haven't tested yet (my studio is on the moving), but I assume E3B-banks can be read easily by Emulator X3 - which I have. NI Kontakt can also read E3B-banks - but naturally I haven't tested that either.

In case you wondered about the Volume 1 - this CD is facing a trouble here on my system, the dreaded CRC-error. I have hopes that the error can be remedied with a simple surface polish. The CRC error happens exactly at the same stage of the ISO-creation on different PC's. That brings hope of a scratch or something. The Volume 1 is actually known to have troubles, though...

In case I am not succesfully repairing my CD I hope the membership of this forum could put me in touch with other who own the CD and their copy is fine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:00:52 PM by aMusaic » Logged

Emulator II+ HD, E4XT & X3 | Korg Oasys, Moog Voyager, Studio Electronics SE-1, Oberheim Matrix-12 & DMX, Roland SuperJupiter & D550, Yamaha DX7 & TX816, NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia "Komplete", Linndrum II, Akai MPC-60, Cubase 7, + + +
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - OMI & Northstar libraries

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines