E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Trying to understand what/where the EIII libraries are...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:33:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Trying to understand what/where the EIII libraries are...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trying to understand what/where the EIII libraries are...  (Read 4207 times)
toader

« on: December 03, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »

I am relatively new to the world of Emu samplers.  I have a great EIII rack with 8MB of RAM (not the EIIIx).  Anyway...  all of the great libraries I hear about here are all Emax or EII libraries (OMI, Elements of Sound, etc, etc).  I'm having to convert these all to EIII format (not a big deal), but what I'm curious about is this:

Where are all the native EIII libraries?  Were there ANY?  I've seen those old orange emu cd's that say EIIIx on the side of them.  Are those going to work on the original EIII, or are they strictly EIIIx?  Where are the actual libraries that were created for the EIII like mine?

Thanks,
Todd
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »

The orange cds are teh original EIII library sounds. Don't be too mislead by the x.
toader

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »

Thanks...  I was just afraid that maybe they were larger banks that would not load onto the EIII or something.  If they'll work on my machine, I may pick them up eventually.  For what it's worth, I do love the older sounds I already have.  This machine sounds incredible...  I love it so much.
lubb

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »

... with the exception of the orange CD E-mu Classics (Vol.7). It contains several banks larger than 8MB, you cannot load them into EIII...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:42:00 PM by lubb » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »

I have all those orange cds, and i can read loads of banks of each cd with my EIII. I think there are just some banks that are special for the x, but by far not most of them..
I'm not nuts, am I  Huh  Smiley
lubb

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:06:20 AM »

Surely, only the Vol. 7 (E-mu Classics) contains banks larger than 8MB... These are: B001 Texture Jam, B002 Haus Musika, B003 Earth Tones, B005 Proteus2/Orch+, B008 Kawai 9'Grand, B009 CP-70 Med/Hard, B018 Mellotron VF&B, B019 Mellotron Choir...

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »

Ah, now I understand what you were saying, lubb.   Smiley
Yes, it's like that.
lubb

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »

... the interesting thing is that neither the individual presets can be loaded from those large banks (listed above) into an EIII... perhaps because of more than 99 samples or presets... (but an EIIIX - with the memory limited to 8MB - can load the individual presets...)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:41:24 AM by lubb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Trying to understand what/where the EIII libraries are...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines