E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking for an exact RS422 Serial Cable diagram for Sound Designer to EMAX

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:04:40 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Looking for an exact RS422 Serial Cable diagram for Sound Designer to EMAX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for an exact RS422 Serial Cable diagram for Sound Designer to EMAX  (Read 3897 times)
RJMM

« on: December 14, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »

This site roughly explains how to make a cable for the Emax II
http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Samplers/EmaxOverview/EmaxEditors/emaxeditors.html

It doesn't explain what pins correspond to these numbers though.

and you can't always go by the numbering on actual purchased connectors either.
Assuming there is any at all.

a more accurate diagram would be much appreciated if anyone has one?  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:51:19 PM by RJMM » Logged
RJMM

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »

I had a cable constructed based on those specifications and it doesn't seem to work unfortunately, any ideas?
vitosky

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »

Hi RJMM you can find  accurate specification of pin assignments of RS-422 in the Emuser user manual pdf in the homepage of Emxp.

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/EMuSer_v1_00_2.zip
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:39:16 AM by vitosky » Logged

E-mu Emax II - E-mu EIV Ultra - E-mu Esi-32 - Roland Fantom - Yamaha Motif
vitosky

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:02:25 AM »

Hey here the cable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-MU-EMU-EMAX-SOUND-DESIGNER-RS-422-Serial-Cable-RARE-/220924270599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33701cd807#ht_500wt_1413

E-mu Emax II - E-mu EIV Ultra - E-mu Esi-32 - Roland Fantom - Yamaha Motif
rtech

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »

Hey RJMM,

I built a cable using the pin assignments on the emulatorarchives website and it does work properly. The issues can be that the cable was built incorrectly or that the mac you are using is not compatible. You sent me a pm a while back about the powerbook 5300, i just replied to it. Sorry for the late reply, I had not check my pms in a while.

Is this the computer you are trying to use? I had one but never used it with the emax. This notebook is very unreliable and not suited for using with this vintage software. The ones that i found very reliable were the Mac SE, I have a Mac SE/30 and a Quadra 950 that also works but you have to dissable 32bit memory mapping and on the Quadra I also need to dissable the 68040 Cache option.

rtech
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking for an exact RS422 Serial Cable diagram for Sound Designer to EMAX

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines