E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator Start up Issue

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emulator Start up Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator Start up Issue  (Read 2623 times)
codybusch

« on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »

Dear fellow EIIIXP users, I just got this sampler a day or two ago with no disks or any idea what to do. I followed your forum and found the OS and omniflop. After formatting a disk and putting the operating system on it I tried and retried again but then I started to think it was the floppy drive. It clicks on and then stops before anything is read. So I took the floppy drive out of my MPC3000 and it does the exact same thing, so maybe it's some power issue coming from the mother board? Is there a way around this? I do have the correct scsi cable to connect a zip and I have a 100 mb zip drive with some disks but I feel like it's just going to cycle looking through because I have no way to format the zip. Just for good measure I took a video of the situation and threw it up on youtube.
http://youtu.be/lLshGbZiimg
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cody
codybusch

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »

It's the kind of disk I'm using, isn't it?
vds242

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:22:11 AM »

You couldnĀ“t use a "normal" floppy drive, because standard floppy drives have the ID 1.
In case of the EIIIXP (and a lot other E-mu sampler) you need a floppy drive where you can switch the ID!!!

The EIIIXP floppy drive has the ID 0!!!!

First thing after power on is, that the E-mu is searching for the Operating System. And it started with the floppy drive (ID 0)!

And you need a DD (720kb) Floppy with the Operating System, not a HD (1,44MB) Floppy!

Chris

Hot sun, global fun, needed action, start to run!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator Start up Issue

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines