E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EmulatorII banks

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:56:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Wilder's EmulatorII banks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wilder's EmulatorII banks  (Read 12663 times)
Jvpiter8

« on: January 02, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »

Hi there. Anyone knows where did auctioned Wilder's EII go?. It'd be great to get those sounds for all the dM synth/ sampler fans out there. With EMXP we could even transfer them to EMAX 1/ 2 or EIII.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:11:28 PM by Jvpiter8 » Logged

- No more floppy seconds - Emax HD
Chevytraveller

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.. Most of the EII discs wouldn't work and were too far gone to recover. From memory, the only discs working were the Christmas Island disc and a couple of Recoil discs (Hydrology I think)

Grin

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
Jvpiter8

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

Mmmm those 2 banks I guess will make my life happier a bit. Cheesy

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »

Random thought...  I wish my EII had portamento.

+1  Roll Eyes
midipuppies

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:40 AM »

That DX5 clown on youtube make me want to eat a shotgun.
With such classics like "just checking my Emax (DM) keyboard" and my favorite where he states that he was just cleaning the boards but then noticed the camera was rolling. All the correct patches are loaded though.
But obviously I am the minority.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
TitoJ

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

I can't stand the DX5 vids either - it wouldn't be so bad if he played them correctly, but getting the melodies or rhythms completely wrong is maddening.
midipuppies

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »

Just wait.
About 2 months away from completion here.
Then you guys can slag me.
Don't think I'll put out any keyboard wankery vids tho:)

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »

Hi Guys,

just kill me, it´t not this topic at all, but THIS is DM Cover at it´s best!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxQSEvHdyjQ&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BxQSEvHdyjQ&rel=1</a>

Seriously without any e-mu, but great.

Have Fun with it!!!!

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
JMP

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 02:22:43 AM »

I know a guy locally who has copies of the EII disks. As Chevy has said, apart from Christmas Island that has been played and demo'd to death, I think there was some Recoil stuff and original voice disks. It was a shame a lot of the disks had deteriorated and wouldn't load but we've all been there eh?

I have my favourite sounds from the Emax 101 tour re-sampled (by me) into the EII with extended key ranges (rather than being set up for tour purposes). Group is welcome to copies in SD format if Chevy and no-one else has a problem with distributing? Someone got their knickers in a right twist when I sold the Emax with them on so will have to wait for objections first.    

Also got other DM stuff too in WAV format, sampled from here and there. Again, will share if no-one has a problem with it. Got a bit bored with them tbh... they're all quite over-rated.  
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:28:06 AM by JMP » Logged

JMP

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 02:24:47 AM »

I can't stand the DX5 vids either - it wouldn't be so bad if he played them correctly, but getting the melodies or rhythms completely wrong is maddening.

Bugs me too. Some things he does are quite good though.

azone

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:26 AM »

just to note the EMAX banks from the auction do have some good stuff on them, although it's only the banks from one keyboard setup, so there's always a few of the sounds missing that would be played by andy or whoever.  Technically the banks are pretty poor, I don't think they used sound designer and the editing is very limited, not to mention sample time available. A lot of the samples are clicky or truncated etc. Ok for live since it all gets masked anyway.  On the other hand there are some samples that were obviously sampled from the original instrument or tape machine.  I had to transfer them all to another format and edit all the wavs manually. Some of the sounds I re-sampled into the EII and others I use in NI Kontakt. The EII has a sonic character for sure, the EMAXII IMO not so much. I much prefer using the banks in Kontakt as opposed to EMAXII.

This clip is from the first remix I did, somewhat true to the live version w/ additional synth lines.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:07:55 AM by azone » Logged
JMP

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »

That sounds great ! Well done.

I agree about the quality of the Emax samples and is the reason a I re-sampled and re-looped many into the EII also.

Here's my short Black Celebration cover. Intended on improving the 'added' sounds but never got round to it. All are setup as Emulator II soundbanks including the sequenced part and drums.  Smiley

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11396370
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:12:07 AM by JMP » Logged

inyoro

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »

You need work on the samples a bit to get some nice results. Here is my take on Behind The Wheel:
http://youtu.be/T2Uv0WqBJyE

And also keep in mind that Alan was using an Akai MX1000 during Devotional Tour and most of the soundbanks  were programmed accordingly for a 76 note controller. So in case you want to use these samples wth EII or Emax, you need to re-define the zones accordingly. This is what I did for Mercy In You:
http://youtu.be/0nhLZIvNr2k
Jvpiter8

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »

Just my 2 cents. Remember what the story says about going from EII to Emax during 101 tour, although I've never seen a video of 101 with EII on stage. The conversion must have been done real quickly, without computers and on the road just by playing a working EII and sampling, cutting, looping, normalizing on the tiny Emax display. Sounds quite daunting for me during a tour.

vitosky

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

That sounds great ! Well done.

I agree about the quality of the Emax samples and is the reason a I re-sampled and re-looped many into the EII also.

Here's my short Black Celebration cover. Intended on improving the 'added' sounds but never got round to it. All are setup as Emulator II soundbanks including the sequenced part and drums.  Smiley

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11396370

Hello JMP what preset you use for the strings in Black Celebration with to Synth Stack of Richard Burmer?

E-mu Emax II - E-mu EIV Ultra - E-mu Esi-32 - Roland Fantom - Yamaha Motif
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Wilder's EmulatorII banks

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines