E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Eprom Source

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Eprom Source
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Eprom Source  (Read 9430 times)
rtech

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »

No I don't have a kryoflux, I was thinking of getting one. Do you have the OS Floppy Images in kryoflux format? I almost bought the HxC emulator, but before I get it i wanted to resolve the issue with the noisy outputs and the sampling input on my EII. I will pm you my email, if you can send me the kryoflux images i would greatly appreciate it. I think these images would work with the HxC, or if I get the Kryoflux i can write the disks with that.

rtech
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:52:53 AM »

FYI: the Emulator-II OS floppy disk images can also be downloaded here:
http://www.emxp.net/Additional_downloads.htm
Both HD and non-HD images are available.

These files are in KryoFlux/HxC format (i.e. .EMUIIFD extension).
They contain the OS and an empty sound bank (NULL PRESET)
Don't be misled by the fact that they are called "OS overlay" files... (which is/was their primary purpose for use with .EII files and the HxC).
They can be used as bootable images too.

sfbaytech

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

Rtech,

I got an E2+ in today that has yet a different eprom, so I loaded it up to the Yahoo group in case you or anybody else needs it.

"This was in an EII+ that came in for repair today. It is marked "E2+ MAINBOOT 2.1 DM c1986". I verified that it is not the same as the Main 2.1 currently on the site. "

rtech

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:59 AM »

Thanks, for providing it to us. I will download it and try it out.

rtech
midipuppies

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »

Hi Chris, Just FYI I got the EII running last night. I used the 'first' binary that you uploaded to the Yahoo Group. None of the others would boot my unit (tried them out of curiosity). It took forever because I had to wait for an EPROM eraser to arrive. I was even able to install the HxC and get it working properly.
So thanks to yourself, Jeff at HxC and Esynthesist, I can re-assemble the keyboard that has been in pieces on my dining room table for 5 months!
I also found that because the unit was an HD+, the 3.1 non HD software seems to work the best. So I guess it is possible to downgrade an HD model, but it's a big pain in the ass!

BTW, do you have images for the address PALS on the EIII by chance? I am having trouble tracking them down.

Thanks again, Jay.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
sfbaytech

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »

Hi Jay,

Good news that you are up and running now!

I do not have an EIII here so can't help you currently with address PALs. Its a "wrong thread" discussion, but are you sure they are bad?

Chris
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Eprom Source

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines