E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Thanks EMXP!! OMI library in multiple formats!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:19:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks EMXP!! OMI library in multiple formats!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thanks EMXP!! OMI library in multiple formats!!  (Read 9433 times)
recoil

« on: January 11, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »

Thanks EMXP i could convert the complete OMI library from EII to my EIIIxp. Amazing!
aMusaic

aMusaic

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

Hello recoil - I assume you mean the 'Universe of Sounds' - do you happen to own the Volume 1 of that library?

I own all three CDs and have been able to create ISOs out of Volume 2 and 3 and to extract the banks out of that (.EII-banks). Unfortunately, I get an error when attempting to do an ISO for Volume 1 - a so-called CRC-error. The ISO-image halts at about 37% (98MB). I tried the apparent; cleaning the CD. I also tried reading the CD on other drives - but that didn't make my day. I assume a proper surface polish might help - but I haven't gotten so far yet. I have handed the CD to my local library over here - but the guy who has the know-how to clean CDs isn't back before the end of this month...

If you own the Volume 1, would you be able to offer me an ISO copy of yours? BY ALL MEANS - the collection IS copyrighted - I would *insist* on proving I really own the CD, okay! Smiley

BTW - how faithful is the conversion from EII to EIII? Do the presets sound "retrofreshly" fine...like they would on an EII?  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:58:16 PM by aMusaic » Logged

Emulator II+ HD, E4XT & X3 | Korg Oasys, Moog Voyager, Studio Electronics SE-1, Oberheim Matrix-12 & DMX, Roland SuperJupiter & D550, Yamaha DX7 & TX816, NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia "Komplete", Linndrum II, Akai MPC-60, Cubase 7, + + +
micromoog

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 02:17:43 AM »

afaik Vol. 1 has round about 290MB
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:28:31 AM by micromoog » Logged
aMusaic

aMusaic

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:07:58 AM »

Yes - the error happened after about 37%, resulting in a corrupted .ISO-file of 98432 KB. After a little forth and back I eventually ended up on with a nice advice from E-Synthesist and tried the MagicIso to extract the .ISO from the CD. MagicIso in demo mode allows for .ISOs under 300MB - lucky for me (and others), the image of the CD is 289MB (!). So the end result was pretty gratifying: I was able to extract the .ISO and then to extract the individual banks from the .ISO.

CDS3 Image OMICD1.ISO has been converted to SoundDesigner for EII files.
(autocorrection of banknames has been applied on your request)
* * * * * * * * * * * * THANK YOU FOR USING OMI * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Press a key...

Magnificent!

For those who aren't aware of it: People might have a corrupted category in their library although things might look correct.

With OMI there is a very well known provision for correcting a particular error aka. "autocorrection of banknames". The metacommand "A" (as in "Autofix") in the OMI software fixes a problem with Category "ACOUSTIC STRINGS" (banks #90 to #151). The problem starts with bank VIOLAS_MINOR_TRILLS.EII (bank #107) - because it is not a valid EII-bank.

WITHOUT the Autofix at work OMI will fail naming banks #108 to #151 correctly. The banks are misnamed by an offset of -1 - ie. the bank that would seems to be #139 MARCATO STRINGS is NOT (because that bank is actually #140 ARCO OCTAVES TREMOLANDI) - and so on.

For an untrained ear it can be a bit difficult to verify whether the category transferred fine. To most people "strings are strings" and a lot of presets are similar enough to sound correct anyway. Unless one is looking for something particular the naming mixup could go undiscovered.

There *is* one bank, however, that could function as an easy test: Load #139 MARCATO STRINGS  - if you can't recognize those Pet Shop Boys 'West End Girls' strings...then your category is *probably* corrupt. Smiley

For those who want to be sure they have the correct category and banks anyway - download your update from here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/736779037/OMI_UoS_V1_C06___ACOUSTIC_STRINGS.zip - download and replace!

NOTE: The bank names are unmodified - the original OMI bank names remain.

As for OMI and EMXP:
I just donated some money to E-Synthesist for the efforts of http://www.emxp.net/ - feel invited to do the same! Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:30:33 AM by aMusaic » Logged

Emulator II+ HD, E4XT & X3 | Korg Oasys, Moog Voyager, Studio Electronics SE-1, Oberheim Matrix-12 & DMX, Roland SuperJupiter & D550, Yamaha DX7 & TX816, NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia "Komplete", Linndrum II, Akai MPC-60, Cubase 7, + + +
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »

Thanks - I'm glad I can help.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »

Great work, thank you very much!!!!
ACEOFBASS

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »

For those who want to be sure they have the correct category and banks anyway - download your update from here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/736779037/OMI_UoS_V1_C06___ACOUSTIC_STRINGS.zip - download and replace!

Hey, it seems this link is dead?  Any chance you can re-establish a link for the forum?  If I can get this I will host it permanently on my premium Mediafire account.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:33:41 PM by ACEOFBASS » Logged
aMusaic

aMusaic

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 03:31:33 AM »

Hello, ACEOFBASS:

I just sent you an updated file of "OMI_UoS_V1_C06___ACOUSTIC_STRINGS" - it can be downloaded from Zippyshare.

Thanks for uploading it to your Mediafire-account (where links are living a longer life) - and thanks for sharing it with the forum.

(PS! Rapidshare folded business in February 2015. No wonder the link is dead.  Wink )

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Thanks EMXP!! OMI library in multiple formats!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines