E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - eIII XP rack easy question

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:10:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  eIII XP rack easy question
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: eIII XP rack easy question  (Read 14552 times)
Escobar

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »

Ok I made a ugly thing: copied a piece of text from EmulatorArchive!  Embarrassed  But I will give you the link too:

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Archives/Samplers/Emulator_IIIX/E3XSCSI/e3xscsi.html

Quote from: EmulatorArchive
Terminators or terminator resistors are special resistor packs that are installed on the first and last device of a SCSI chain. Terminators are installed to reduce line echoes and standing waves on the SCSI bus. The master host system (such as a Mac or EIII) must provide power to these terminators. Only one device should apply termination power, as it is applied through out the SCSI chain via the cables to the device at the other end. Devices in the middle of the chain do not need termination power, nor terminators. Hard disks usually default unterminated and with no termination power, this is fine unless you want the hard drive at one end of the SCSI chain. In which case set termination on the hard drive (but NOT the termination power).

According to the text the SCSI chain should look something like this (example):

Emulator IIIx terminator power + terminator <--> SCSI+CF-combo (internal) NO terminator <--> SCSI zip-drive (external) NO terminator <--> SCSI HDD (external) terminator only!

So what you have to check is that ONLY one of the two end units (EIIIx or the last external drive) have terminator power ON, both the EIIIx and the last SCSI unit must have their terminators active AND NONE of the SCSI units in the middle should have their terminators active, not even the terminator power.

I don't know if this solve your problem but I hope, good luck rectape!

//Escobar
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:12:54 AM by Escobar » Logged
rectape

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »

Thank you escobar!

I already read this before and have difficulty to understood.

There are jumper in the EIIIX to set the termination but I don't know in which way it work. This paragraph in emulator archive is not clear to me.

I found somebody who own an EIIIX and he'll be sending to me a ZIP formated on a EIIIX with a bank. I really hope in this solution. I got 2 EIIIX and I can't figure they're not working!

btw thank's for your support.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - eIII XP rack easy question

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines